Go Back   Weapons Forum > Weapons > General Discussion > Long Guns > AR-15

AR-15

Finally had that exotic AR malfunction I been hearing about.

This is a discussion on Finally had that exotic AR malfunction I been hearing about. within the AR-15 forums, part of the Long Guns category!
Finally had that exotic AR malfunction I been hearing about for years. Trigger locks up from primer stuck in trigger ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bluez

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2017, 09:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Finally had that exotic AR malfunction I been hearing about.

Finally had that exotic AR malfunction I been hearing about for years.

Trigger locks up from primer stuck in trigger mechanism.
When it happened I couldnt be 100% that this was the cause but it seemed to make sense.

Actually happened a couple of weeks ago. I just been lazy fixing it.. when I got home I put a spare lower on the rifle and was GTG so the fix had low priority.

Finally got to it today.
Yep.Found a primer in the trigger mechanism specifically somehow lodged into/under the trigger element itself (as opposed to the hammer).

I dreaded finding something harder to fix.

But the God of War smiled on me and it took me only 5-6 minutes(!) to take out the trigger pack and put it back again!

....fastest time yet, I guess it was just one of those times were everything went smooth.. pins went right back in w/o any wiggling or whacking too.
We all know those times when we just can't get those pins back in w/o a lot of cursing etc right?
It probably helped that this was a softer sprung ALG trigger and softer springs make the pins easier to put back.
SilvrSRT10 likes this.