Go Back   Weapons Forum > Weapons > General Discussion > Long Guns > AR-15

AR-15

Finally....It's Mockstars turn for an AR.

This is a discussion on Finally....It's Mockstars turn for an AR. within the AR-15 forums, part of the Long Guns category!
Here it starts boys. After not giving into any of the buying craze, I was able to save up some ...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Mockstars AR

Here it starts boys. After not giving into any of the buying craze, I was able to save up some coin, and now that things are coming around, its time to spend that money.

It's not much to look at yet, but this is the beginnings of my first AR. These are all the parts I found since Saturday. BCM upper is in stock on their website. I ordered it Saturday and it arrived today. (Wisconsin Local) Found the BCG on armslist in GreenBay, and picked that up Sunday. Went to my LGS last night, just to look around, and found 2 GEN3 Pmags. Charging handle I found a couple months ago, and bought it just because it was there.

Big thumbs up to Bravo Company Machine. The amount of BCM SWAG that was also in the box (hat, oil, posters, stickers, black guns 2014 Magazine) was ridiculously unnecessary, but very much appreciated.

Upper is a BCM 16" Mid Length.
Bolt Carrier Group is a Les Baer Customs
BCM Gunfighter Charging handle. MOD-3
2 Pmags.

DSCN3659.jpg

DSCN3662.jpg

DSCN3663.jpg

Still not sure what lower to get yet. I'd like to stay with BCM but they are hard to find.
Silver-Bolt likes this.

Last edited by Mockstar; 08-11-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Mockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Congrats

Be careful though. They are adictive.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Awesome!!
Cant wait for it to come together!

Have you deiced yet what kind of handles will go on?
MagPul MOE's or a Quadrail or?
Old 08-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Looks like you have a good start. Why not build your own lower? I'll probably be selling some ar parts soon and I just happen to have a stripped lower and a psa magpul moe lower build kit
Old 08-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Just got back home. I went and picked up a Magpul MOE handguard. This will most likely be replaced with a quad rail later on. My flashhider isn't pinned, so removing that and the front sight is not an issue. I may get rid of the sight and just get a different gas block later on. The possibilities are endless. As for the lower.....I'm not sure yet. It'll be a few weeks before I decide on that. If I can find a BCM lower great, if not I'll most likely build one from a stripped lower.

DSCN3669.jpg
Old 08-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Definitely build your own lower. It is not hard to do and is more satisfying than buying one already put together.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

You can get all the info needed online to do the lower urself, its fairly simple....
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by oppo View Post
Definitely build your own lower. It is not hard to do and is more satisfying than buying one already put together.
Agreed. It's more intimidating thinking about than it is actually doing it. There's a ton of informative videos on YouTube
Old 08-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Concealed 27 View Post
You can get all the info needed online to do the lower urself, its fairly simple....
Originally Posted by RangerDanger View Post
Agreed. It's more intimidating thinking about than it is actually doing it. There's a ton of informative videos on YouTube
I'm not intimidated by building my own lower. I would actually prefer to do so anyway as then I'm not replacing cheaper parts later. I did find a "blemished" stripped BCM lower, but not being able to actually see the blemish is making me reluctant to purse it.

My main concern was getting a high-end upper, barrel, and bolt. The rest I'm not so worried about.

I'll get it figured out, but it won't be completed this week.

On a side note......It's been 3 days since I emailed Les Baer Custom Inc., about what this bolt is made of with no response. It may be a good starter bolt, but for what I paid for it.......I'm finding I could have gotten better. I'm thinking the bolt and carrier are 8620 steel. I may ditch the bolt, and get something that is HPT, and MPI tested made of either 9310 or 158 carpenter.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

^^^^looks like I lied.......It will be "completed" this week^^^^

First rounds will be shot tomorrow. CMMG MK-4 lower. Magpul MOE pistol grip. CMMG fit is perfect, and the color matches the BCM upper seamlessly. LGS did have Black Rain Ordinance stripped lowers, but for the price this was the more convenient option. Trigger group, trigger guard, and butt-stock will get upgraded soon.

DSCN3670.jpg

Last edited by Mockstar; 08-09-2013 at 11:50 PM.