Go Back   Weapons Forum > Weapons > General Discussion > Long Guns > AR-15

AR-15

My new economy rig

This is a discussion on My new economy rig within the AR-15 forums, part of the Long Guns category!
So soon I will leave the Army and will no longer have certainty in my employment. Thing is when you ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Bluez

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2015, 11:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default My new economy rig

So soon I will leave the Army and will no longer have certainty in my employment.

Thing is when you leave the Army your skill-set does not always transfer fully to the next job.. unlike when you are say a chemist leaving DuPont , then there's always Bayer, Merck etc you can hire on.

But if you leave the US Army there is not like the other US army, you can hire on with, one state over.

So pondering all this, as of late I have been pursuing economy solutions when building my collection of competent combat ARs.

So I bought a $600 Troy Bravo rifle during Black Friday, added a Blackhawk VFG (one of my favorite VFGs and on sale at PSA for 10 bucks to boot!);... added a Bushnell TR25 on sale for 53 dollars at PSA including the riser.

Got a medium riser (which I prefer over over the included high riser) for 10 dollars.
Added a set of troy Back up sights which I had lieing around and I have a sub 700 dollar rifle (except for the back up troys) that I feel I cna trust and will run well for me.

I am taking it to one of my Infantry weekend with max Velocity this weekend and will tell folks how it held up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0717.jpg (96.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0718.jpg (96.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0719.jpg (93.8 KB, 15 views)
SilvrSRT10, oppo and priell3 like this.

Last edited by Bluez; 01-13-2015 at 11:34 PM.
Bluez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Administrator

Originally Posted by palmerwmd View Post
So soon I will leave the Army and will no longer have certainty in my employment.

Thing is when you leave the Army your skill-set does not always transfer fully to the next job.. unlike when you are say a chemist leaving DuPont , then there's always Bayer, Merck etc you can hire on.

But if you leave the US Army there is not like the other US army, you can hire on with, one state over.

So pondering all this, as of late I have been pursuing economy solutions when building my collection of competent combat ARs.

So I bought a $600 Troy Bravo rifle during Black Friday, added a Blackhawk VFG (one of my favorite VFGs and on sale at PSA for 10 bucks to boot!);... added a Bushnell TR25 on sale for 53 dollars at PSA including the riser.

Got a medium riser (which I prefer over over the included high riser) for 10 dollars.
Added a set of troy Back up sights which I had lieing around and I have a sub 700 dollar rifle (except for the back up troys) that I feel I cna trust and will run well for me.

I am taking it to one of my Infantry weekend with max Velocity this weekend and will tell folks how it held up.

Nice.....

Hey, you can always become a Peace Officer, you know the talking heads are saying it's becoming to militarized, so you should fit right in
ViperJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

All I see missing is a light. With the VFG, you can add a good light cheaply that is easy to use.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Looks good my friend and from your range report it ran good I like it, may get one after I sell one of my shotguns......

Concealed 27
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Self employment is always the best.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote