Go Back   Weapons Forum > Weapons > General Discussion > Hand Guns > Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 02:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Default Glock 9mm +P and +P+

Thinking a bit more about my next full capacity mag Glock I hope to purchase before any ban, even though I'm still thinking this ban is going to get shot down, but I didn't expect Ovomit to get re-elected either., and he wouldn't have if Romney, wasn't an arrogant rich bastard. OK nuff of that.

I really didn't want a 9mm, but just to make sure I at least consider it, I did some checking to make sure a Glock 9mm will run +P and +P+ in case I do get one and decide I want to run some hot ammo. Here's was I found out.

9mm = 32,500 +/- PSI
9mm +P = 35 -38,000 PSI (NATO 9mm is 36,500 but not marked +P, If it's stamped NATO 9mm Consider it +P)
9mm +P+ = 38,500 - 40,000 PSI

Glock 9mm rated at 43,500 PSI

There are several who have shot 9mm +P+ thru their Glocks without issue.

Of course, like people say about the .40S&W and .357Sig,.... Faster Wear with the higher pressure rounds. Could be?!?!?
hotrodpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by hotrodpc View Post
Thinking a bit more about my next full capacity mag Glock I hope to purchase before any ban, even though I'm still thinking this ban is going to get shot down, but I didn't expect Ovomit to get re-elected either., and he wouldn't have if Romney, wasn't an arrogant rich bastard. OK nuff of that.

I really didn't want a 9mm, but just to make sure I at least consider it, I did some checking to make sure a Glock 9mm will run +P and +P+ in case I do get one and decide I want to run some hot ammo. Here's was I found out.

9mm = 32,500 +/- PSI
9mm +P = 35 -38,000 PSI (NATO 9mm is 36,500 but not marked +P, If it's stamped NATO 9mm Consider it +P)
9mm +P+ = 38,500 - 40,000 PSI

Glock 9mm rated at 43,500 PSI

There are several who have shot 9mm +P+ thru their Glocks without issue.

Of course, like people say about the .40S&W and .357Sig,.... Faster Wear with the higher pressure rounds. Could be?!?!?
U gotta remember that u will not be shooting ur carry loads to practice. I ran p+p thru my lone wolf conversion barrel last night just 4 and it ran fine,followed up with 100 rds of WWB.
I think if you are planning on a carry load failing its not gonna happen IMHO. I've run both rds u spoke of in 9mm and 45auto 230 grain +p in my g30 (which I sold awhile back like a dumb ass) Its your call but its all good IMHO .... be safe 2nite hooking up cars
Concealed 30
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Ohhh, I don't think I'd be using it as my carry weapon. My Glock 23 is my baby. I know it to well, to comfy and confident with it to give it up. And I am aware of what you're talking about. IF I was to carry it, by all means I'd use 9mm to practice my mechanics, mag swapping, jam clearning, sight pictures, drawing from holster, a few double taps etc. But for accuracy and double tap practicing I would do that with +P just so I know what to expect out my carry weapon.
Chances are I'm going to end up with a Glock 22 Gen 4. As said, I just want to be sure I consider everything. If I can't find a full frame G22 Gen 4, then I just might go with a .357Sig Glock 31 and I can always get the G22 Barrel or 9mm Conversion barrel. And I know I'll be getting a Glock 27, but that will be after all this Ban stuff is over with. Being a 9 rounder, I won't care if it's Post Ban and only 9 rounders, but I just want one more full cap mag in case it does pass.
hotrodpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by hotrodpc View Post
Ohhh, I don't think I'd be using it as my carry weapon. My Glock 23 is my baby. I know it to well, to comfy and confident with it to give it up. And I am aware of what you're talking about. IF I was to carry it, by all means I'd use 9mm to practice my mechanics, mag swapping, jam clearning, sight pictures, drawing from holster, a few double taps etc. But for accuracy and double tap practicing I would do that with +P just so I know what to expect out my carry weapon.
Chances are I'm going to end up with a Glock 22 Gen 4. As said, I just want to be sure I consider everything. If I can't find a full frame G22 Gen 4, then I just might go with a .357Sig Glock 31 and I can always get the G22 Barrel or 9mm Conversion barrel. And I know I'll be getting a Glock 27, but that will be after all this Ban stuff is over with. Being a 9 rounder, I won't care if it's Post Ban and only 9 rounders, but I just want one more full cap mag in case it does pass.

I gotcha, but with your 23 all you need is what u and I have talked about before. The usual suspects, I got the taps in mine...... I'm gonna get another conversion barrel, as u said the .357 sig and life's good. That gives me a 9-40-357 for carry options, 5 barrels in three glocks plus the. 45 soon to come. But chillen 4 now, how are u doing on ammo?? Just wanna know to see were I'm at in comparison. If you do not wish to do it public pm me and I'll let ya know where I'm at..........
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Concealed 27; 01-24-2013 at 05:47 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Full Access Member

40 s&w and 9 +p+ watch set back in bullets ,high pressure could ruin your day.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
40 s&w and 9 +p+ watch set back in bullets ,high pressure could ruin your day.
Noted, thanks kwo
Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I CCW with my G17 with WW 9mm 115gr JHP +p+ loads here in VT.
otasan is offline   Reply With Quote