Go Back   Weapons Forum > Weapons > General Discussion > Hand Guns > Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Glock Grip Reduction

Im going to be without my G23 for a month or so. I am sending it out to get the finger grooves removed, A notch cut for Glock knuckle, and carry texture new stippling.....Heres what it s gonna look like when I get it back...Concealed 27
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G19-2-1.jpg (84.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg G19-3.jpg (67.6 KB, 29 views)
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Looks like a good mod. Best of luck with it.

Mitchell
Hartford, VT
otasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

A month? Would have been a week with us.

http://www.facebook.com/BrosInArmsWAR
BrothersInArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Concealed 27 View Post
Im going to be without my G23 for a month or so. I am sending it out to get the finger grooves removed, A notch cut for Glock knuckle, and carry texture new stippling.....Heres what it s gonna look like when I get it back...Concealed 27
I wonder if Gen 5 Glocks won't have the finger groves?
Old 03-30-2013, 01:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

They should do away with the finger grooves, I get alot of people asking me about getting them removed, they dont realize this is an easy fix, and the added texture makes a huge difference, especally when preforming a defencive draw. your going to be happy with your purchase, good choice

Hooah
Duty and Comp Review- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Glock Grip Reduction

You know you could easily stipple that grip at home with a soldering iron right? Some people don't have the tools or don't feel like their skills may be up to the task but I assure you it's pretty simple. I've done 3 or 4 of my pistols before. I know the other mods aren't as simple and may not could be done at home, I just hope they don't charge a lot for that portion of the mod because I assure you that's what they did to the one in your pictures.

Last edited by KKing; 03-30-2013 at 04:24 AM.
KKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by KKing View Post
You know you could easily stipple that grip at home with a soldering iron right? Some people don't have the tools or don't feel like their skills may be up to the task but I assure you it's pretty simple. I've done 3 or 4 of my pistols before. I know the other mods aren't as simple and may not could be done at home, I just hope they don't charge a lot for that portion of the mod because I assure you that's what they did to the one in your pictures.
I know how to do it I dont have the tools, Total cost not that much...Worth it to me.... I miss my 1st gen 17, had so many rounds thru it so I traded it along time ago...
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

sent frame out today....Hopefully I will get it back in a few weeks, Hopefully...lol
Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

If the finger grooves are so unpopular, I wonder if Glock will delete them in the 5th Gen models?
Old 04-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Two schools of thought on the grooves. Slow down grip acquisition in a panic or give you better hold. Personal shooting habits will determine use. I don't like them because I shoot from all grips and angles ,for training.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote