Go Back   Weapons Forum > Weapons > General Discussion > Hand Guns > Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Max
Full Access Member

Default Turning a real Glock into a mock-up?

Hello everyone

A couple of month ago I read somewhere that real pistoles can be modified to turn them into mock-ups, what means that they are full functional up to chambering a round, they are only unable to fire a shot.
Does anyone knows what these modifications are like, and maybe even what they cost?

I know there isn't much sense in owning a mock-up Glock, but with such a thing I could get some practical knowledge about handling a gun without braking local (german) laws.

Thanks,
Max
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Amazon.com: Glock 17 Gas Blowback Airsoft Gun: Toys & Games Amazon.com: Glock 17 Gas Blowback Airsoft Gun: Toys & Games

Last edited by SilvrSRT10; 09-01-2013 at 06:37 PM.
SilvrSRT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

NextLevel Training
Silver-Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
That's really cool but for that price I can buy a new Glock....
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Concealed 27 View Post
That's really cool but for that price I can buy a new Glock....
True. However for dry fire training they are worth the money. A day at the range for my wife and I will cost more in ammo. I don't own one yet but I will in the very near future.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Point taken, I see why you want one know, I know you have quite a few guns so ammo is an issue....did you pic your wife a g34 yet?? Take care brother always good posts from ya......Concealed 27
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I have become addicted to USPSA matches. Between matches and practice my wife and I are going through about 1500 rounds a week. Hope to start reloading this winter if components start becoming available again. I will try to get some pics posted. I also now have a GoPro mounted to my hat so I can video the matches. See if I can get those posted as well.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I have become addicted to USPSA matches. Between matches and practice my wife and I are going through about 1500 rounds a week. Hope to start reloading this winter if components start becoming available again. I will try to get some pics posted. I also now have a GoPro mounted to my hat so I can video the matches. See if I can get those posted as well.
Nice please do as they become available....concealed 27
Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-29-2013, 01:22 AM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

That is a great training aid! I like the idea a lot.

For someone on a budget that wants to be safe and do it cheap the Blade Tech training barrel is hard to beat for $13.99 Holsters | Blade Tech Gun Holsters | Knives and Tactical Gear

Granted, unlike the Next Level Training pistol you will have to reset your trigger after you fire.
TScottW99 is offline   Reply With Quote