Go Back   Weapons Forum > Vendors > High Noon Holsters

High Noon Holsters

Odd holster review

This is a discussion on Odd holster review within the High Noon Holsters forums, part of the Vendors category!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By armoredman
  • 1 Post By kwo51

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Default Odd holster review

Itís not often that I canít show you a great new High Noon holster without the sidearm itís designed for, but this is a special case Ė I donít own the Glock 19. Itís issued to me. Not making sense? Let me explain.

First, this excellent High Noon Slide Guard came to me in the mail a week or so ago, and typical of High Noon products, it rocks. The sweat shield in back is as always, thick medieval armor, and this one had a soft lining, a touch I usually donít get, but definitely a nice touch.

But I canít show the gun in it, because cameras arenít allowed. See, this holster was going no High Noon holster has been before Ė behind the forbidding grey walls and shiny razor wire of an Arizona prison.

Most people donít think about firearms and prisons, but we do have some armed posts, and because they are few in number, the sidearms are issued for that shift and turned back in afterwards. Holsters tend to be generic plastic paddle rigs made overseas, selling for about $20 on the street here. They are cheap, fragile, and have as much class as an empty plastic drink cup rolling in the street. I have used them for 11 years Ė no more.

Now I go to work in STYLE!

Yes, for the sharp eyed, the whole carry system is High Noon Ė one each High Noon Slide Guard Holster, a High Noon Rock Steady belt, and what else?

Yep, a High Noon Double Take spare mag holder!!

So why go to this extreme? The armed post I work is VERY visible to Administration, visitors and volunteers, and projecting a positive image is always important. As a matter of fact, everyone comes in and out past me, so they canít HELP but notice the cheap scuffed plastic holsterÖjust isnít there.

Did I get comments? Did I ever Ė ranging from ďAwesome!Ē to ďHow much and where do I go look?Ē A few staff who also work in that same post were interested to see if I was going to leave the rig behindÖfat chanceÖ
Some noticed, a few didnít, but all in all, High Noonís carry system helped not only keep my sidearm and spare magazines right where I wanted them with no movement on that excellent belt, but also helped me look good in my profession, and thatís a benefit that has no price tag.

Now if I can con them into making pepper spray holders...
Bluez likes this.
armoredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Very nice set up,Thanks for sharing.
#860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Takin' care of bidness !!!
hotrodpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Very nice, keep on keeping our streets safe my brother....well let rephrase that, keeping our felons in the place were they belong.

Concealed 27
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Concealed 27; 07-08-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Nice holster I'm going to have to look at one of those for when I get my g19.
Bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Full Access Member

To bad the state will not allow other side arms than 9mm. I know there shot guns and long guns on sight but law enforcement and security should not be held down to 9mm or 38.JMO
Concealed 27 likes this.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Nice looking holster. I love my High Noon and thinking about getting another for a new pistol.
TScottW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Nice.... would be nicer on my belt though
Dr_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Nice setup!
Old 10-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Full Access Member

High Noon rocks - this rig goes to the Dept range on Monday, too.
armoredman is offline   Reply With Quote