Go Back   Weapons Forum > Weapons > General Discussion > Hand Guns

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2015, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Couple of new handguns....Edit: New Grip pics added

About 6 weeks ago I picked up a new S&W M&P 9mm Shield for concealed carry......mainly for use when shopping at my local Walmart. ;-) Love the slim profile and able to get a good grip w/ the 7 round mag. Purchased a Kestrel IWB Kydex holster that has a large clip for easy put on and take off.

Decided shortly there after to replace my Glock 23 .40 w/ a compact 9mm. After researching and watching too many youtube reviews, I just brought this home yesterday........
CZ 75D Compact PCR

Fits my hand just like my hard pecker...perfect!!! Nice and solid gun.....no rattles or slop in the slide. Ordered up 2k rounds of 124 gr from Lucky Gunner so I will try and shoot 150-200 rounds every two weeks till I feel comfortable with my two new friends.
Cheers!

Last edited by doublestack; 03-04-2015 at 07:22 PM.
doublestack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Congratulations. A segment of your post was TMI but glad you are happy with your pistols. All of them.
oppo likes this.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

What SilvrSRT10 said, lol.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Hard to replace a 23.
Concealed 27 likes this.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I would never replace a glock but I would buy another gun....lol
Nice pick up thought
Concealed 27
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Haven't sold the Glock yet....prolly throw it under the front seat of the truck and wait for a fit of road rage.;-) Glocks are great guns, but I just don't seem to get comfy w/ it. Didn't want to spend the money on filling and shaving the grip down and hope I would like it. The new CZ75, when i bring it up to ready to fire position the sights line up perfectly...just feels natural.
Concealed 27 likes this.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Thats good, you definetly want something you can be comfortable with, and as long as it goes bang when u pull the trigger thats all thats comfortable..LMAO
Concealed 27
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Wife loves the cz grip angle.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

May want to go through the CZ and replace the springs before you rely on it for a carry gun. CZ makes a great gun but their springs are notorious for breaking. Several people I compete with shoot CZ and all had spring issues until they replaced them with aftermarket springs.
Silver-Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

Good to know...thanks! Ammo from LuckyGunner will arrive Wed., so thursday I plan on putting a couple hundred through it and another 50 or so through the Shield. Also ordered some Lok Grips for the PCR which should arrive in the next day or so. After carrying the Shield for a month, everything else seems so chunky!
When picking up my CZ, they had a nice Hi-Power Standard sitting in the case...... Kinda want a remington R1 also....not having a mortgage payment is kinda nice!
Thanks again

Last edited by doublestack; 03-02-2015 at 10:30 PM.