Go Back   Weapons Forum > Weapons > General Discussion > Long Guns > SKS

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 12:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Default Pics of your SKS with Description...

Post up your SKS pics. Describe what breed it is and any mods you've done do it.

Here is pics of my Yugo SKS 59/66 that I just sold and will be shipping off as soon as I get payment.
It's all original. No mods have been made. All # matching. Everything pictured came with it. All I've done is clean the cosmo off, ran a few stripper clips through it, cleaned it again and put in the gun safe. OE Grenade Launcher with sight, bayonet, and flip up night sights. Due to the age, the night sights really don't illuminate anymore. Chambered for Soviet Round, 7.62x39.

Last edited by hotrodpc; 12-29-2012 at 12:53 AM.
hotrodpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

Super Moderator

This one is my Chy Knees Norinco SKS also all # matching and chambered for 7.62x39. I bought it as pictured with the synthetic stock and the sling rings already on it. All I've done to this one was added the $7 Nylon 1in x 56in sling. This one is pretty fun gun to shoot. It's accurate with the OE sights, much lighter in weight with all the junk taken off and the synthetic stock.

I won't be selling this one. It's a good buddy to my AK-47 since I can stock up on 7.62x39 and both shoot the same ammo and keep me Zombie prepared.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SKSNor 012.jpg (99.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg SKSNor 013.jpg (36.3 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by hotrodpc; 12-29-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Here is my Norinco SKS in 7.62X39. I had to have one so my WASR 10/63 UF wouldn't get lonely. Completely stock.

Last edited by Mockstar; 12-29-2012 at 02:09 AM.
Mockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Nice Toys. Our Norincos are extremely similar. I wish mine still had the OE wood stock. The guy I got it from said the stock was to heavy and he had sold it and bought the synthetic. I must say I do like the synsthetic but I like the OE wood looks better. And it does seem much lighter too.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Thanks. I like the looks of original wood on the commie guns. The WASR furniture was in bad shape tho, so I sanded it down and re-stained it a dark cherry, then clear polly over that. Luckily since it was an under-folder, I didn't have to worry about also redoing the stock. The wood on the SKS was in really nice shape, so I left it alone.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I used to own a Yugo just like the one at the top. Unfortunately, it was lost in a tragic boating accident and never recovered.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Hotrodpc..........do you use stripper clips to load ur Norinco, or do you hand load the mag? If you use clips, do you remember where you got them from? I've been looking for some 10 round clips, but it seems like the only manufacturers i can find that are still available have horrible reviews. (UAG and NcStar)
Old 12-31-2012, 09:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Super Moderator

I'm a pussy. I use the 10 round stipper clips. I have not adapted mine to accept detachable mags. I am curretnly looking for a reasonable price on Tapco 20 rounders. I hear they are about the only ones that work good. I don't mind 10 rounds in my Norinco since I also have a SAR1 AK-47 with 40 round mags that work great with cheap Russian ammo.

BTW, I'm trying to get with a buddy to purchase about 30 stripper clips. Usually about $1 each. I don't need 30 so if it goes thru, maybe we can share a purchase.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Mockstar View Post
Hotrodpc..........do you use stripper clips to load ur Norinco, or do you hand load the mag? If you use clips, do you remember where you got them from? I've been looking for some 10 round clips, but it seems like the only manufacturers i can find that are still available have horrible reviews. (UAG and NcStar)
strippers with clips?
Hellya HR be likin them. I want some of those $1 ones as well, Biotches in SC at the Platinum Club makes you swap out fer $2....er was that not the question? what forum am I on?
SWSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Just did up my old girl with tapco, now waiting on a left hand flash hider NOT the right handed threaded one i was sent.