Go Back   Weapons Forum > Education & Training > Prepping & Natural Disasters

Prepping & Natural Disasters

Book review "Preppers Home Defense"

This is a discussion on Book review "Preppers Home Defense" within the Prepping & Natural Disasters forums, part of the Education & Training category!
Today I bought and read "Preppers Home Defense" by Jim Cobb. In summary it is a pretty good book, though ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Book review "Preppers Home Defense"

Today I bought and read "Preppers Home Defense" by Jim Cobb.

In summary it is a pretty good book, though I found its utility limited for me.

For any intermediate or advanced survivalist it has limited utility as many things , in it iare things a lot folks can figure out on their own.

Having said that, it has some pretty neat ideas on signaling and procedures especially when it comes to tricks to hardening your home.

This I consider its most valuable section it also made a number of valuable logical points and I find it contained what I like to call "proportional judgement" (the ability to put things into perspective, not to engage in black and white solution sets and to weigh actions based on context)

I think for people who are folks who are just beginning to think about survivalism/prepping (and who may have no military experience to boot) it may be an invaluable starter book.

For me it was a little ho-hum as I couldt use the best sections ( live in an apt) but still somewhat worth the $16 price.

Last edited by Bluez; 04-28-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Bluez is offline   Reply With Quote