Go Back   Weapons Forum > Education & Training > Prepping & Natural Disasters

Prepping & Natural Disasters

How to transport multiple handguns.

This is a discussion on How to transport multiple handguns. within the Prepping & Natural Disasters forums, part of the Education & Training category!
I had a thought. In a SHTF situation and you have to throw as much stuff into your vehicle and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Default How to transport multiple handguns.

I had a thought. In a SHTF situation and you have to throw as much stuff into your vehicle and get going. How do you transport your firearms? I know this is something that everyone has been thinking about and up till now nobody knew what to do.

I have a solution. Get some of these.

You can stagger multiple handguns in one case and take them all with you. You won't have to juggle or keep up with a bunch of single cases. Takes up less room. You may even have room for extra magazines or ammo. You can find these on Amazon for $22 with free shipping.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Those look great,pelican makes something like them with 2 compartments. I'm just going to throw my safe in the truck. Or maybe just crawl into the safe.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
Those look great,pelican makes something like them with 2 compartments. I'm just going to throw my safe in the truck. Or maybe just crawl into the safe.
Plano offers a side by side case as well for about $65. You could get three of the other cases cheaper than one of the side by sides. Pelican looks like a nice case but a little rich for me. I think they want in the neighborhood of $200 for their case. Here is the Plano side by side.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Another possibility is using Gun socks and piling them into a Gym Bag : )
Old 11-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Originally Posted by palmerwmd View Post
Another possibility is using Gun socks and piling them into a Gym Bag : )
You mean one of these?
Old 11-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Pelican has some protection guarantee with them. Being a product of my belongings I will stay in place until the water gets to high, then I will put on my scuba stuff and swim away.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

I had a small duffle bag custom sewn, Well the liner and a few outside pockets.. Holds four hand guns, ammo and assorted things..
Konas-new-ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I think I could carry about 6, in holsters, on my person.

Last edited by cce1302; 02-24-2014 at 06:03 PM.
cce1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Super Moderator

That's not a bad idea. And I happen to have one of these cases and hate the damn thing. I bought only because my gf at the time was flying from LA visiting relatives back to OKC and my dad had my M1 Garande. To get it on the plane we had to buy a locking case and it go with checked baggage. The lock is hideous to say the least, about like a tin file cabinet lock, but it fit the bill to get on the plane so I had her buy it. I've never used it since but refused to throw it away. I might still have the keys to it even. I just prefer transporting my rifles in padded zippered cases instead of this big clunky case with 2 rifles. I wouldn't mind putting all my handguns and mags in this though. It would be a 1 case carry for all of them.. I think I can get them all in it.
hotrodpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Full Access Member

i have a bunch of pelican cases. i have one i call my "plane case" because it holds the legal limit of firearms transport on an airplane. it holds my 12ga, .270, .40, and .45. i have a pelican case that holds 5 of my .22 rifles. and another case that can hold all my handguns. i dont think i can carry 20 different guns but i would take as much as i can.