Go Back   Weapons Forum > Education & Training > Prepping & Natural Disasters

Prepping & Natural Disasters

Ok fellas ask me anything about CBRN or WMD

This is a discussion on Ok fellas ask me anything about CBRN or WMD within the Prepping & Natural Disasters forums, part of the Education & Training category!
or NBC or whatever you wish to call it. I have edited manuals on this subject and developed response methods/protocols ...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2015, 06:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Ok fellas ask me anything about CBRN or WMD

or NBC or whatever you wish to call it.

I have edited manuals on this subject and developed response methods/protocols for specialized WMD response teams and mobile laboratories.

While my degrees are in Chemistry, I have also done quite a bit of Molecular Biology and Radiation detection.

Based on some of the remarks in other threads I suspect it may be helpful to the group.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

What kind of fertilizer do you use?
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Are iodine tablets really effective and to what degree? What level of radiation will they protect you from?
Old 03-05-2015, 09:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by SilvrSRT10 View Post
Are iodine tablets really effective and to what degree? What level of radiation will they protect you from?
they are effective but only for a exact application.
That is to protect yourself form the presence of radioactive iodine.
They dont protect against radiation itself.

This isotope is mostly associated with used reactor cores and some (but not all!) nuclear weapons explosions.

Radioactive iodine is one of the few significant threats from fallout as it stays in you and so can keep irradiating you form inside and thats a threat.
(Most people learn this from hollywood and so have hugely magnified perceptions of both nuclear weapons effects and fallout effects. The majority of other fallout effects you have to be pretty unlucky and be exactly at the wrong place at the wrong time to be afffected).

The iodine tablet saturates your thyroid and when its saturated it will not uptake radioactive Iodine from the environment.

So in summary:
- yes it works quite well for that , but it is not a panacea for a generalized dose, but its application is to improve your safety for eating, drinking, stuff from the environment post-event.
SilvrSRT10 and Sgt. Rock like this.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I'm not worried about any of that stuff.
I have plastic sheets and duct tape for my windows

"If you treat me as an enemy, I will become one."
dR
Jo6pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Rubber underwear.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Super Moderator

If a radical group blows up a nuclear reactor near you, you might want to rethink that. If you don't have one that you might possibly be down wind from then you have no concern I guess. I haven't gotten one yet but have considered a geiger counter. At least that way if something does happen I can better judge what I'm dealing with. I've got a nuclear plant about 50 miles South of me. Under the right conditions I could see fallout. Hopefully the iodine tablets will be all the defense I need. Ya just never know......
Old 03-05-2015, 09:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

What are the odds of a terrorist group like ISIS or Al-Queda actually getting hold of a nuclear weapon?..or should I be more concerned about someone smuggling a "dirty bomb" up through Mexico due to our porous borders and say lighting up LA.
kwo51 likes this.

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

More afraid of obama taking our rights away!!!!! Then giving our country to the UN scum bags. Then dirty bombs and EMP's. A mass causality event either weather or man made could set the US up for loss of all civil rights and plunge us into a totally oppressive form of government. They are just looking for an excuses to do it. Russia and china at our door steps and our military is at the gay bar drinking cool aid.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I see I have to some writing to do here ...
But am in a hurry to get out the door, so I'll post something up on Sunday or Sat nite