Go Back   Weapons Forum > Education & Training > Prepping & Natural Disasters

Prepping & Natural Disasters

When the trucks stop running...

This is a discussion on When the trucks stop running... within the Prepping & Natural Disasters forums, part of the Education & Training category!
Lotr of sand and gravel trucks on the road here. I pass when I can. Will not eat dirt. Do ...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2015, 08:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Lotr of sand and gravel trucks on the road here. I pass when I can. Will not eat dirt. Do not run excess speed
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

Full Access Member

What still amazes me is how many idiots will cut off a truck. I get cut off far more in a semi than in a car or pickup. It is a minor miracle that I don't run over a couple of idiots a week. Not long ago, I was cruising along a 75mph highway in a downpour. Some idiot in a little car cuts me off and slams on the breaks. That is a special kind of stupid.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:26 PM   #13 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Originally Posted by oppo View Post
What still amazes me is how many idiots will cut off a truck. I get cut off far more in a semi than in a car or pickup. It is a minor miracle that I don't run over a couple of idiots a week. Not long ago, I was cruising along a 75mph highway in a downpour. Some idiot in a little car cuts me off and slams on the breaks. That is a special kind of stupid.
They expect that you can stop as quickly as they can. Weight equals mass, idiot. Ever wonder why a train can't stop on a dime? Where were you during physics class?
Old 07-18-2015, 05:28 AM   #14 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I have driven well over a million miles for work and for myself over these 45 years since I got my license and have seen just about everything on the road...from bad wrecks, vehicles so rusted or damaged they should be outlawed, being cutoff but especially the tailgaters...everybody seems to be in a big hurry to get nowhere. I'am not claiming to be the perfect driver either, for I have done a few stupid things myself on the road. But during my days off I try and stay put and park by truck in the garage...just had enough of traffic, people and red light camera's.

Anyway notice over the last ten years or so that most drivers don't even use their turn signals anymore??

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote