Go Back   Weapons Forum > Weapons > General Discussion

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default help with new gun

I'm getting rid of my g27 to get something different since I have a g19 and g23. I'm interested in the sign sauer 250 in 40 caliber use I don't want to have to get 45 ammo. But hers the problem, the grip is to large for my hands. I don'tthink it would work for me so any suggestions price rang I have is 550-600..... I really don't want a 9 mm but i think I might have to or get another block with my discount I can get a 4 the Gen for discount. Any ideas for what I shipould handle before I rent at range to shoot before buying.....thanks guys,
Concealed 27
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I am a big fan of the Glock 19 and the Sig Sauer P250 in 9mm.
I prefer revolevrs but when I do have a semi-loaders it is usually a 9mm...
They can have plenty bunch with HP and the prices per rounds are the lowest available for a competent round.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Yeah I like the 220 in 9 mm also... I might get a 22 LR pistol for linking I really am just what something new. My ar is tricked out so i don't need anything for it. I m gonna go to my buddy's shop this week and look some more. I really want a sig maybe the 220 grips will be smaller.. week see. I want a 45 but ammo is the problem, I have so much 9&40 it would be dumb not to get one of those calibers,,, thanks palmer
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

1911 in 40
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

That's one thing I had in mind I got a guy who wants to trade for a 1911 waiting on pics to see what it is......good idea kwo I forgot they made them in. 40......
Concealed 27
Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

1911 in .40 or 9mm, Sig 228/229 (CPO), M&P. I am in a similar boat. I have 9mm, 10mm, and .45. No .40 in the stable and don't really want to add another caliber. Inevitably I will have to add a .40 but I am hoping to be reloading at that point.
Silver-Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Full Access Member

If there is are market they make one.I think if they had not feminized the FBI and police departments we would all be still caring 45's.
Bluez likes this.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I don't own this particular gun but have shot several and am impressed. The Ruger SR series in 9mm or .40S&W. Good shooting gun and they don't break the bank.

Another thought is the S&W M&P series. They are also good shooters and have the adjustable palm swells.
TScottW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Might as well get another Glock. 30 s for me. Go big or go home!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

CZ-75
Proven design, DA/SA, can carry cocked and locked like a 1911. And one of the best grips on any Semi-auto

Personally, I don't see the point in a .40cal 1911. If I am going to carry a heavy, clunky, old-tyme pistol; it may as well shoot a heavy, clunky, old-tyme cartridge
#860 likes this.

"If you treat me as an enemy, I will become one."
dR
Jo6pak is offline   Reply With Quote