Buying guns for deer hunting

oppo

Full Access Member
It depends on where and how you plan to hunt and largely just on personal preference. Really, anything from a .243 on up will kill deer just fine and and even a lever action is plenty accurate at normal distances. Personally, if I am hunting open fields, I take either a Savage 110 in 30-06 or Remington 700 in 270. Both are ridiculously accurate and have more than enough range and power for any reasonable shot. In thick wooded areas, I like using a lever action, handgun, or bow. A 30-30 would be great choice. I have been very happy with both Marlin and Winchester.

oppo

Full Access Member
If I had to pick one rifle from that site to recommend without knowing where you will be hunting or what your budget is, it would be this https://www.hinterlandoutfitters.co...nish-wbushnell-trophy-9x40-scope-p-52242.html but it is hard to go wrong. If you tell us what conditions you will be hunting in and what your budget is, we can give a little more useful answers. Also, don't skimp on the optic. Choosing a good optic is more critical than choosing the best rifle.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts