10/22 Stocks

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Gonna be building a 10/22 for my GF and her favorite color is lime green. Anybody know of a place I can get a bright green 10/22 stock similar to the Volquartsen stocks? I'd prefer it to be laminate instead of solid lime green. Any suggestions are appreciated.

My idea is to do the lime green laminate stock, custom anodize the trigger lime green, leaving the action either stainless or blued, lime green anodized scope rings with a scope matching the barrel and action.

oppo

Full Access Member
Here you go

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-508/*NEW!*-Eliminator-Ruger-10-fdsh-22/Detail

Evergreen

Eliminator350.jpg

oppo

Full Access Member
I would recommend a trigger upgrade for pretty much any rifle. Quality glass is worth the cost. Other than that, it just depends on how you plan to use it and what you are willing to spend.

Bull barrels are great from the bench but suck if you plan to carry the rifle a lot.

This isn't about the rifle itself but it is well worth experimenting to see what ammo the rifle likes. Along those lines, subs are generally more accurate and that is all I shoot in my CZ452 anymore for that reason.

Oh, don't forget to float or bed it.

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
I would recommend a trigger upgrade for pretty much any rifle. Quality glass is worth the cost. Other than that, it just depends on how you plan to use it and what you are willing to spend.

Bull barrels are great from the bench but suck if you plan to carry the rifle a lot.

This isn't about the rifle itself but it is well worth experimenting to see what ammo the rifle likes. Along those lines, subs are generally more accurate and that is all I shoot in my CZ452 anymore for that reason.

Oh, don't forget to float or bed it.

Gonna stick with the stock barrel for now. Been reading some about floating and bedding, but it's really confusing me. Basically My plan so far is 10/22 sporter or compact, Extreme stock from stockystocks in evergreen, metal trigger anodized a bright vivid green along with the scope rings.

oppo

Full Access Member
Floating the barrel is easy and only as expensive as some sandpaper. Basically, you are just removing as much material as necessary to prevent the stock from touching the barrel. You can do it with a socket and some sandpaper. If part of the stock is touching the barrel, it changes the barrel harmonics, how the barrel vibrates, and negatively effects accuracy. With an aftermarket stock and factory barrel though, you may have plenty of clearance already and not have to mess with it.

Last edited:

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Floating the barrel is easy and only as expensive as some sandpaper. Basically, you are just removing as much material as necessary to prevent the stock from touching the barrel. You can do it with a socket and some sandpaper. If part of the stock is touching the barrel, it changes the barrel harmonics, how the barrel vibrates, and negatively effects accuracy. With an supermarket stock and factory barrel though, you may have plenty of clearance already and not have to mess with it.

Do you need to bed it if you float it? or just drop the barrel/action in, screw in the set screw and go?

Members online

No members online now.