230 Yard Shot with G23

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
So you think your a good shot, here is the guru of all guns...... A 230 yard shot at a steel plate.....AMazing

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFd3kF6LHz4[/ame]

KKing

Full Access Member
Definitely a bad man. I know there aren't Just a ton of people that'd hit that with a decent rifle lol. I'd love to have his setup

TScottW99

Full Access Member
I have shot out to 100 yards a couple of times, no way I could hit at 230! I got lucky at 100 once

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
That's cool. I'll have to try to adopt his stance

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Nah... not a good self defense stance. The way he was standing was sort of a variation of the Chapman, and he probably modified it to be able to hold steady at that distance.

If you are right handed, but left eye dominant, learn to shoot with your left hand. It takes practice, but I promise you it can be done. I teach a class 3-4 days a week and mostly do my demonstrations from the left front of the class room. Because of this, when I show the proper grip on the handgun, I show it left handed. Through repetition and practice, I can now shoot with either hand, and with either eye. Always both eyes open. And one of the main reasons is for self defense.

Do what is comfortable, consistent and relaxed for you. But, you should be shooting with the hand that matches your dominant eye.

Bootstrap

Full Access Member
Nah... not a good self defense stance. The way he was standing was sort of a variation of the Chapman, and he probably modified it to be able to hold steady at that distance.

If you are right handed, but left eye dominant, learn to shoot with your left hand. It takes practice, but I promise you it can be done. I teach a class 3-4 days a week and mostly do my demonstrations from the left front of the class room. Because of this, when I show the proper grip on the handgun, I show it left handed. Through repetition and practice, I can now shoot with either hand, and with either eye. Always both eyes open. And one of the main reasons is for self defense.

Do what is comfortable, consistent and relaxed for you. But, you should be shooting with the hand that matches your dominant eye.

Im a little past even trying to switch. I have too much money in right handed guns. Also, my left hand is mildly retarded
I am starting to shoot with both eyes open however. Ive just tucked my left arm and brought the. Pistol into line with my left eye. Long guns are another story though. Just shoot with one eye most of the time, still killing birds

Last edited:

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
Im a little past even trying to switch. I have too much money in right handed guns. Also, my left hand is mildly retarded

I have heard all of the excuses, most of which are not valid. :D
It is simply a matter of training, seriously.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Very cool!

He is right handed and left eye dominant... interesting.

That's me to.. I shoot RH with pistols and left handed with long guns.. I can shoot pistols left handed but not near the groupings I get RH. Sometimes I carry my pf9 on my left side as a bug to my primary RH..

Members online

No members online now.