629-1

ninja man

Full Access Member
so i recently purchased a smith and wesson model 629-1. this revolver apparently has never been fired with the exception of the test round. upon inspection i dont see any signs of powder residue or the steel showing signs of wear in the important parts. it didnt come with box or papers so that info is not avalible. i plan on shooting it..... a lot. anyreason i shouldnt?

ninja man

Full Access Member
The cost of ammo????

i just bought 1200 rounds at cabelas.

Good score. It would be a crime not to shoot her.

this revolver has been a safe queen in 2 other peoples gun safe. original owner, and then the guy i bought it from had it for over 10 years he said. he never fired it and he said the original owner never fired it either. i have plans to go a week from today to blow a lot of ammo. i didnt know if this was a gun that should be kept in its original state. i dont plan on ever selling it but didnt know if there would be any harm in value if i fired it.

Rusty Shackleford

Full Access Member
Guns always depreciate if fired, that's a given how much is a case by case thing.

Nice score though....you bought 1200 round of .44 mag at retail prices?

kwo51

Full Access Member
Some of these older S&W revolvers have shot up in price .You may be able to buy 2 ruger 44s for what it is worth.

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
Go right ahead and shoot it. As long as the gun is in great shape its value will stay the same.

ninja man

Full Access Member
it is a fun gun to shoot. the trigger and action is so smooth, just like all my other s&w revolvers. unfortunately my 1200 rounds didnt come in time so i was only able to find and put 40 rounds through it. i didnt take any pics of my targets, but the only discrepencies were from my own hand not being still enough.

Members online

No members online now.