AK 47 versus Sniper

Conquer

I had a discussion with a friend of mine concerning which of these two weapons would win during a combat.He pretends that the AK 47 could beat the Sniper in a battlefield around 300m long where both know their enemy location,suggesting that you can trick the sniper and take advantage of his distraction and you can dodge the bullets by moving fast.My opinion is that the AK guy doesn't stand a chance,because he can't show himself in the sniper's target,this meaning he would be dead.
I request you opinion,because definitely you know more about this problem than we know.Thank you!

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Lets see, a grunt with an AK and a trained sniper? My money would be on the sniper. They've got patience like I could never have and the ability to blend into their environment like a chameleon. Don't think the guy with the AK would know what hit him.

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
Give the AK guy a full 30rd mag and the sniper 3 rds. My money is on the sniper. 300 meters is a stretch for an AK.

Arckadian

Hands down... Sniper. What some of those guys are willing to do to get their mark is freaking scary. The have the patience of the dead in some cases and are willing to wait days for their target.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Who said the sniper did not have an ak also. I think it all depends on training and situation. Our (usa) snipers are well trained. Red Jacket made a AK sniper rifle.

Arckadian

A sniper is trained with a lot of different types of tools... Once you understand the tool they can do some pretty amazing things at distance.

Arckadian

Now if the sniper is going up against someone like a Navy Seal or a Ranger that would be interesting to see.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Give the AK guy a full 30rd mag and the sniper 3 rds. My money is on the sniper. 300 meters is a stretch for an AK.

Quoted for truth.

The only way an AK even in the hands of a good soldier would be better than a Sniper rifle in the hands of a trained sniper would obviously be in tight quarters

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
What is environment?
Can the adversaries move?
Will the combatants have some sort of tracking of each other?
Are both combatants familiar with the area, or is one more so than the other?

Too many variables to call it.

That being said, the sniper would have the edge because of the added training and better tools.
More than likely once the guy with the AK fires, the jig is up. If/when the sniper fires, the poor sod with the AK will never hear the gunshot:death:

Bluez

Full Access Member
I think the original premise was 300m from each other.
No restrictive terrain was mentioned so we must default to permissive/open terrain and full visuals.

Changing the variables i agree can modify the outsome.

Conquer

Well thanks a lot guys.Now I know which one is going to win.
And,if you want to continue the discussion,both enemies have a place to hide.Here is something like it
de_dust2_2.jpg
,it is from counter strike.The AK is in the hole at the end of the road,and the sniper have the upper area.

Members online

No members online now.