Any .357 SIG shooters?

clarkstoncz

I like CZ and Glocks.

9mm and .357 SIG are my favorites.

KEV
dtnos3.jpg

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Nope, but I've sure thought about getting me a G32 barrel for my G23 and shoot some .357Sig.

When I bought my G23 .40S&W I was really on the fence and considering the G32 pretty hard. At the time, I wasn't aware you could do a barrel swap back and forth between the .40's and .357's and used the same mags. After the guy behind the counter told me that, it took alot of thinking stress off of my shoulders. I leaned toward the .40 then since ammo was a tad cheaper and it seems to be in plenty of stock everywhere. Also a local OSBI buddy had just started carrying a G22.

The nail in the coffin on the decision was the place that had the best price for Glocks here at the time, stocked the G23 but not the G32 and would have had to order it in. I had to ask, was that because the G32's were hot sellers and he was out? He said NO, the G23's fly off the shelf so we keep plenty and only sold 1 G32 to 5 G23. That was 9 years ago so I'm sure that has changed by now and the ratios are probably closer than that.

Have you shot a G23 too? How do they compare as far as feel and recoil? How about accuracy?

clarkstoncz

The G23 has more promounced recoil over my G32.

Glock .40s sting my finger and the .357 SIG walks all over them
for accuracy.

"shoots like a laser!" is often seen in connection with the SIG round.

I've shot about 20 factory loads so far and the accuracy is astonishing.
DT-357-11-1.jpg

Recoil is at the muzzle in an instant and the slide comes back very fast as well.
Little felt recoil with most any load but the Double Tap 180 gr. Hard Cast.

It feels like a hot .40 S&W load, or even shooting a Glock 20 with
180 or 200 gr. ammo.

As you can see, it's also very accurate.

DT-range-targ.jpg

Cor-Bon, DT and pther 125 gr. loads are smokin hot but not too much recoil.

Most new .357 Siggers buy a 125 load as that's what most police and highway patrols use, esp. the 125 grain Gold Dot.

Double Tap has a hotter version with the same bullet.
dt-dynamic.jpg

http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_32&osCsid=o1pv21rdul9tjon4589k5hdl37

I like the G33 over the G32 for carry, but some people tell me the
sweetest guns are the P239 and P229.

There is plenty of interest in the cartridge these days,
and I could go on forever about it.

Hard hitting and flat shooting, with superb accuracy to boot!
DT-257-G33.jpg

mgentry

Full Access Member
I have a Sig P229 in the 357 Sig Caliber. I really like the round and it works well in the Sig. I have found that the recoil is not an issue and the round is very accurate. I really like to shoot it.

alabaster

Yuppers. I'm a big fan of 357sig. It's 'spensive, but fun to shoot. At least in a full sized gun. It's almost obscene to see new shooters firing away with it. It seems most seasoned shooters don't really like it honestly. I would like to have it chambered in a full size steel gun, personally.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts