Armed Doctor stops hospital shooter.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Lets see if they try to prosecute him for having a gun on hospital property. You can bet his life has changed and so will his place of employment.

oppo

Full Access Member
They don't appear to have any grounds to prosecute him but they could certainly fire him. They will catch a lot of flack if they do though.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I've worked for a company that has a No Guns policy. I carried anyway. It's concealed for a reason. My immediate supervisor knew it. He was told by another employee who also carried that I also carried. He came to me and told me, I know something I don't want to know, so I'm acting as I don't know and we'll never have the discussion again, but I just want to let you know that it is against company policy. He said he'd never ever say a word and that the other guy and myself would have to promise that anything ever went down, that he didn't know and that we'd need to know that we're losing our jobs if something did happen. I said fair enough, we'll never bring it up again, and I don't even know why you had to know, I thought me and the other employee had a secret, and I was fully aware of the policy, but fact is, I'd rather be unemployed than dead, so I made the choice to break policy and keep it to myself. Our boss went on to say, I actually don't agree with the policy, and I'm glad you 2 level heads are here and in the event something does go down, I'll feel much safer.

What is the hospital going to do? Fire the Dr? OK so what. There are plenty of hospitals needing Dr's and I'll assure you, if it happened here, I'd be his next patient when I needed a Doc.

kwo51

Full Access Member
I also carried for many years against company policy. Funny thing,only LEO's could carry and the 3 that were wounded in the line of duty for the 23 years I worked there were shot by other leo's. I would have been fired on the spot and no workers comp or medical coverage would have been available.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
My employer mandates that I carry except in rare circumstances like if I'm working on school property (yesterday). Being my own boss has it's advantages.

I had heard that since it was hospital policy that nobody be armed his job may be in jeopardy. But later I heard that the hospital would welcome him back once he has healed. It's great hearing that common sense prevails.

Arckadian

He stopped a real chance of further lose of life. He may be a doctor, but he is human and has the right to defend himself. I think that if he lost his job, a lot of people would not be happy with that hospital.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
The doctor that shot him was in fact his pshyciatrist (sp?)

Just shows how F-d up some gun rules can be. A doctor that deals directly with "un-balanced" people all day is not allowed to carry a tool to protect himself against possible attacks from his patients.

Kind of like asking a lion tamer to do his job, but not allow him a chair and a whip, with the rationale that the lion probably wont bite

Members online

No members online now.