Ballistol

TScottW99

Full Access Member
Wondering if anyone uses Ballistol at all for gun maintenance and cleaning? I enter about every gun related contest that I see on social media and elsewhere. I actually ended up winning $40 worth of Ballistol products the other day and it should be here at the house any day now. :peace:

I mostly use Shooters Choice or Clenzoil for most of my cleaning. Always willing to try something new, especially if it's free. :D

TScottW99

Full Access Member
My package of Ballistol came in the mail today. A 16 ounce can of liquid and a 6 ounce can of aerosol. Now to find some time to hit the range and get my guns dirty again so I can try it out.

TScottW99

Full Access Member
Cleaned my SR1911 today with the Ballistol liquid. It did a good job of cleaning the pistol. My judgement is still out though, want to try it on some copper fouling and plastic fouling.

ahymumah.jpg

Bluez

Full Access Member
Somebody told me its especially good for corrosive ammo as well.

Anybody else know anything about that? :)

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
My package of Ballistol came in the mail today. A 16 ounce can of liquid and a 6 ounce can of aerosol. Now to find some time to hit the range and get my guns dirty again so I can try it out.

Cleaned my SR1911 today with the Ballistol liquid. It did a good job of cleaning the pistol. My judgement is still out though, want to try it on some copper fouling and plastic fouling.

ahymumah.jpg
Never heard of Ballistol before, please let us know how it wurks. LOL

Now, onto the next part.
You waiting for the Ballistol in the mail, sort of reminds Me of Ralphie waiting for His " Secret Decoder Ring" to arrive. :rotflmao::smiley-face-popcorn

SCARPETTA

I have used Ballistol for cleaning my C96 Mauser "Broom" after using corrosive cheap foreign ammo. 1st ...was windex & simple green mix. Hairdrier to quick dry.
2nd... clean thoroughly with Ballistol .

SCARPETTA

You might know tha tthe original Ballistol was formulated around 1917 by the German Army to condition metal, wood , & leather, for wartime use. Protection from exterior exposure, is accomplished due to the high content of mineral oil .
Yes .....75 % mineral oil with the smelly additives to make it "authenticly industrial" .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts