Best six shots win competition 09/29/2012

Daveil

Handgun Round:

Chris - Ruger Single Six (33 Points Scored)
Jeremy - Springfield XDS .45 (13 Points Scored)
Jeff - Springfield SDM .40 (0 Points Scored)
Kira - Walther P22 (0 Points Scored)

Rifle Round:
Ryan - Winchester 22 (59 Points Scored)
Jeff - Browning 22 (57 Points Scored)
Jeremy - Browning 22 (48 Points Scored)

Last edited:

ViperJeff

Administrator
Yea, I suck, but I do know what I'm doing wrong. I'm tightening my grip just as the gun fires, which is just another form of anticipating recoil.

dammit!!!!!

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
Sounds like you flinchers need a bit more practice to get use to those big caliber marble shooters :D ... So who won the pot and how much ?

Target pics please !

Arckadian

well it looks like Daveil won the pot and as there was only 4 shooters for the handgun he won $4.

The Rifle compition had 3 people, but do to one individual firing more than the alotted 6 rounds and using a different target, he was disqualified. The rifle went to Jeff for $3.

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
well it looks like Daveil won the pot and as there was only 4 shooters for the handgun he won $4.

The Rifle compition had 3 people, but do to one individual firing more than the alotted 6 rounds and using a different target, he was disqualified. The rifle went to Jeff for $3.

Congrats on the win Daveil and Jeff :).... Time to make the pot bigger though :D

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
Yeah more practice but that will come in time

Once you get the feel of the weapon it will become easier to handle ... It's all in your head about the gun coming back and hitting you, You have to make sure you let the horse know who the boss is ;) ,,,,,,, Well there are a few exceptions to that rule .... A Contender ( comes in many cals ) might just hit you in the head If you are using a big game load . A .44 mag. might in a novice's hand and a few others .... Most people will tend to drop the very hard kicking pistols before it hits them :eek: Try a Contender and a .45 .40 cals will seem like a .22 ;)

I personally have a problem with revolver's ,,,,,They have always made me flinch/blink Just to damn sparky,snappy, sounding for me.. :eek:

Last edited:

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
Yea, I suck, but I do know what I'm doing wrong. I'm tightening my grip just as the gun fires, which is just another form of anticipating recoil.

dammit!!!!!

Tightening your grip is not necessarily anticipation... it could also be heeling.

When you start with a strong-hand (shooting hand) grip that is too tight already, the muscles of your hand contract as you pull the trigger. The grip on the gun itself should be front to back, the tips of your fingers should not be touching the grip until you place your support hand on the grip. Your grip should be nice and firm with the strong-hand providing 40% of the support, and your support hand providing 60%. Your support hand grip is side-to-side and controls the torque.

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
My issue is slightly different. I shoot with my weak hand (I shoot left handed).

If you are left handed, that IS your strong hand.

Are you left-eye dominant and right handed? Then it's just a matter of practice. But... the grip doesn't change. The hand with the trigger finger is your strong, (Working, shooting, strong...) hand.

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
Left eye dominant and right handed... yes

At least you are shooting left handed... most people cheat it. You are better off the way you are. It's just a matter of practice. But, your left hand is your strong hand when shooting.

You can exercise your shooting hand in your living room while watching TV. Practice with an empty gun, either with or without snap caps, and just dry fire it. (This exercise is more fun if you are watching MSNBC or one of those other liberal media outlets, then shoot the liberals every time they lie.) {BE SURE IT'S EMPTY!}

Dry fire it 100-150 times a day... or for 15-20 minutes a day. The practice is good for building the muscles needed to shoot straight! I put a coin on the rear sights and practice pulling the trigger without disturbing the coin.

Rascal

If you want to fix a flinch,have a friend put a dummy round in your gun. You can't know where it is. Keep doing this drill. Your flinch will go away,because you will start to expect a missfire and you don't.want to look foolish in front of your friend.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts