bought a smith and wesson 500

ninja man

Full Access Member
so unfortunately i live in ca and the gun laws here suck. well i was visiting reno this past weekend and stopped in cabelas. there was a section inside called the gun library. here i found a smith and wesson 500 with a 4" barrel. i couldnt say no. i haggled a little bit with the employee there and finally settled on a price that we both agreed on. even after i pay the ca govt to get the gun into ca, i save well over $200 if i were to buy it here. the gun will ship from cabelas tomorrow and then its the stupid waiting period that has to take affect before i can pick up. but now i can really have a hand cannon. my biggest sidearm is a smith and wesson 686 357 magnum. i have always wanted a dirty harry gun, but i went a step bigger this time. pics eventually..... when i get to pick it up

ninja man

Full Access Member
Man, someone I know just texted me that they picked one up as well. Congrats
yeah, i couldnt hold my excitement...... i let all my friends know. cant wait to shoot it. i also got the last box of 20rds while i was there. now i need to find some more ammo for this cannon.

i am currently taking ammo donations. haha. with this big 6ft safe, i need to fill it. so i got a lever action .22 , lever action 30/30, another 357, and this 500.

ninja man

Full Access Member
i dont know if there is such a thing as low recoil rounds for the 500. im an extremist. i want the biggest rounds i can buy. haha. but any of you are more than welcome to come shoot it. i will be in texas in april and will be bringing this beast. maybe when swss comes back out this direction, he can make time to blow a few off.

kwo51

Full Access Member
If it does not go through ,it will bull doze them. Seems like with half moon clips other 50 cal rounds should be able to be fired.

kwo51

Full Access Member
460 S&W will shoot 45 Long colt- 45 carsell and 460 and 45 acp with moon clips. There are other 50 cal rounds out there, or down load some range rounds. Friend with an 11" ported 500 says it is not bad, just needs a bi-pod.

ninja man

Full Access Member
here is a bullet from it. thats a .357 mag on the right for size comparison

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 12

kwo51

Full Access Member
Low recoil or reduced recoil ammunition is manufactured by the Grizzly Cartridge Company and Winchester. The low recoiling ammunition reduces the recoil by lowering the velocity of the projectile and/or the mass of the projectile.[14] Winchester's reduced recoil X500SW ammunition propels a 350 gr (23 g) bullet at 1,400 ft/s (430 m/s). Although such ammunition is considered low recoiling, due to having about one-third of the recoil energy of full-power .500 S&W ammunition, even these are a significant step up from most of the .44 Magnums, as they produce twice the recoil energy of a latter cartridge.
The market is there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts