Brand Choice

ramair

My next gun purchase will be a rifle. I already know it will be a 308. caliper just not a 100% sure on brand yet i'm leaning towards a winchester. What's you guys thoughts on this?

Txhillbilly

Full Access Member
Any particular reason for a 308?
What are you planning to do with the rifle?

The 308 Winchester is a great caliber,but there are so many others that will do things better depending on what you want to do with the rifle.

Winchester,Savage,Remington,Tikka,CZ,and TC are making some very good shooting rifles today.

oppo

Full Access Member
Plenty of good choices but I am partial to Savage, myself. I have a 110 in 30-06 & a 12 in 22-250 that are ridiculously accurate. It also hard to go wrong with a Remington 700. CZ also makes great rifles.

gebhardt02

If you even think that later on down the road you will want to upgrade/customize the rifle a bit, you'll have an easier time finding a variety of parts for a Remington.

What is your budget? How much are you planning to spend on the scope and accessories? How will this rifle be used, targets, competition, hunting, etc?

Geb

blockdoc

Full Access Member
Love my Rem 700 and my M1A. Will be getting a SCAR 17 soon.

As was stated, it all depends on what you plan to do with it.

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
Not a brand whore. Currently enjoying my SIG716. What do you want to do with it? Semi or bolt gun? I like the .308/7.62 round for tactical. For hunting and long range precision target there are many other calibers that will do a better job.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Weatherby makes a nice bolt gun.270 is great game round 3006 is about the most available and versatile.

Members online

No members online now.