Cecil the Lion killer contacts authorities

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
This is a typical media witch hunt before all the facts are in. If the it turns out the guy is guilty, then he should be punished. But now even if he is innocent, his entire practice, life, and reputation has been ruined.

Interesting how thousands of people are killed in Africa every day and nobody bats an eyelash....But one Lion with a cute name is killed and the whole world goes apeshit.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Our news media is so F--ed up that 1 lion is more news worthy than planned parent hood killing baby's.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I think it's going to be more than temporarily closed. And there is bound to be something else going on behind the scenes while the media has you distracted with this. Possibly taking some heat off of Planned No Parenthood.

The War Wagon

Full Access Member
I think it's going to be more than temporarily closed. And there is bound to be something else going on behind the scenes while the media has you distracted with this. Possibly taking some heat off of Planned No Parenthood.

My thought exactly! Why get upset over MILLIONS of babies that have been... "legally"... murdered, when SOMEONE, poached an old lion, SOMEWHERE!!!! :lewx4:

The War Wagon

Full Access Member
JUST found this elsewhere!!!

1132233.jpg

Max

Full Access Member
On a side note: I don't know exactly how they pulled it off without screwing up the grammar, but a german newspaper published an article of about 15 words, 5 of them being "Lion."
I guess they REALLY wanted to emphasize the point that it was a lion, and not some other animal.

Max

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
An American dentist who killed a prized Zimbabwean lion named Cecil will not be charged because he had obtained the legal authority to slay the animal, a minister in the country reportedly said Monday.

Walter Palmer, a 55-year-old dentist from Minnesota, sparked global outrage in July after he allegedly paid $50,000 to use a bow to hunt the animal — a tourist favorite and the subject of an Oxford University study.

But on Monday, Environment Minister Oppah Muchinguri-Kashiri told reporters, including Reuters, that Palmer's hunting papers were all in order and therefore he would not be charged.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I wonder how that conversation really went. The hunting guides would have know that Cecil was a celebrity and should not be hunted. Did they discourage the dentist from shooting him and the dentist did anyhow? Or was the cat lured out of the safe area on purpose just to be shot? Was the dentist aware of the importance of this particular cat?

Unless the dentist went against the guides recommendation, I put most of the blame on them for luring and letting Cecil be shot. But there are too many unanswered questions to make that decision. Even if his papers were in order.

Members online

No members online now.