citadel and rock island 1911s

blk06silv

i am looking into getting my girl a 9mm 1911 compact and a 45 compact 1911 for myself and we checked out the citadel and it seemed very nice, the slide was very smooth and the mag release was nice, just wondering if any of you have had any time with either brand

kwo51

Full Access Member
You get what you pay for most of time. Both are made off shore. May be good starter units.

Last edited:

blk06silv

i know they will be no kimber or springfield but the have been in around for 50 yrs i believe i plan on changing a few things on them after i get them to bulletproof parts just wondering if any one has had one or shoot one

Arckadian

Should be a pretty good choice of weapon, but I think that your best bet would be to have her hold the weapon in her hand before you purchase to see how it feels to her. If it doesn't feel right it could be a problem with grip or hand placement. Its always better to get feel for a weapon before you take the plunge.

blk06silv

actually she was the one who suggested to me to get her a compact 9mm 1911 for her, she had looked at the m&p shield 9mm and the springfield armory 3.3 9mm and she said she liked the 1911 alot better, i have wanted one for as long as i could remember and have been dieing to have a kimber but those are out of my budget at the moment

kwo51

Full Access Member
Have seen used Ultra carry 2 for $750 in stores. By the time you up grade all the mim parts on the off shore guns you will have about the same price. I am in the market for a new 5" 1911 and been doing alot of research. Maybe a S&W but really want a Les Beaur.

blk06silv

I will own à kimber but as of right now i dont have the funds to buy two of them im gettin à 1911 for me and one for My wife and we are Also in the process of buying our first home so im looking for something in low cost but Also good quality

kwo51

Full Access Member
Aren't we all. For my less than great 1911 I went with Glock same cost as low end 1911 but almost indestructible and reliable. For a mid range 1911 I have a para ord P14 with a light for house gun.14 rounds of 45 acp , this gun has proven itself in competition. Even most Kimbers are mid range now days.

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
Take a look at the Sig 1911's. You get a lot of 1911 for the money. As others have stated with a 1911 you get what you pay for. My suggestion, buy one quality 1911 now and another down the road when funds allow. I would rather share one quality firearm than own two low quality units.

The War Wagon

Full Access Member
I wouldn't mind a Commander or even compact-sized RIA tactical, as a truck gun. Has everything you need (and I'm partial to ambi-safeties), and you don't mind if it gets a little dirty in the console or glovebox. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts