Colt .22lr/.22mag scout restoration.

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
Wish i had taken before pics as the gun was very rusty, here its cureing even more after re assy.
IMG_20121008_194735.jpg
and a pic of it done..
IMG_20121008_212305.jpg

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
All you need to do is go slow and remember any rust and or metal you remove can not be replaced.. Thats rule #1

Arckadian

I had a friend recommend getting a lint free cloth thingy to use as a Oil Rag thay ou can wrap weapons up in.... What do you guys think about that idea?

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
I had a friend recommend getting a lint free cloth thingy to use as a Oil Rag thay ou can wrap weapons up in.... What do you guys think about that idea?

No it's best to clean and oil them and have a safe with a DRI rod on at all times. this gun was a customers and was left in a basment desk drawer. and thats a no no.

Arckadian

I leave both of my hand guns in my XDS case... that should be ok for now until I get an actual weapon safe correct? The case can be locked and put into the small safe I have at the moment if needed.

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
I leave both of my hand guns in my XDS case... that should be ok for now until I get an actual weapon safe correct? The case can be locked and put into the small safe I have at the moment if needed.

Oh yes thats fine, its just leaving them for a long time in a damp area is bad, and if you shoot and clean them often helps too.

Arckadian

I clean them everytime I use em but if I dont use em regularly... I get em out every few months and clean anyway.... keep em lubed up and ready to rock

Members online

No members online now.