Gees Louise

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
The article said something about using Chinese ammo. So there's a warning for ya. Beware of Chinese ammo.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Here's what the article said:

"A guy came into a police department the other day to ask a favor. He had an S&W 629 (.44 Mag) that he wanted to dispose of after a mishap at the range. He said there was a loud bang when he tested his new ammo (Chinese made), and the gun smacked him in the forehead, leaving a nice gash. When the tweety birds cleared from around his head, the pictures show what he saw.

Bet he never uses Chinese made ammo again!

Looks like when the round in the chamber went off, it also set off at least two other rounds in adjacent cylinders. I would have hated to been the one that pulled the trigger on that one!"

oppo

Full Access Member
Wow! He is lucky. That could have ended much worse.

It reminds me of a guy who was reloading some 45-70 rounds for a Marlin 1895. He was supposed to use Reloader 7. Instead, he used AA7 which is a MUCH faster powder. Of course, it went kaboom.

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
Comments...

Joseph OChoa O'Bryan this has been going around for a long time with different reasons for the gun blowing up. Anytime you get an fwd email with pictures and a story, you can bet it's bs. the dull brass and bright bullets scream handloads to me. Also ammo is not (legally) imported from china afaik.

8 hours ago · 1..

Swillyand Tia Law Suit !

5 hours ago..

Mike Schmaus Looks like someone was reloading their own ammo and used a "over charge" of fast burning powder.
That is the posterchild right there of a "detonation"!!
Very easy and simple to see to a trained eye.

4 hours ago..

Ray Roberts Joseph, the cases are brass and the bullet jacket is copper. Thus the reason for the color difference. Ammo is routinely imported from all over the world. I'm sure China is no exception. It's likely reloaded ammo, but impossible to tell from these pictures alone. It's pretty safe to say the ammo was a bit over pressure tho----(-:

2 hours ago..

Shane Adam Marc - I think the story means the guy "thought" it was the gun smacking him in the head, but it was probably the missing chunk of the frame. And why would China export ammo to the US? For the exact same reason China exports anything to the US - we buy it.

2 hours ago · 1..

Robert Eeg It's not ammo from China. An old photo on many Gun Forums as well. Most likely a double charge from a careless

kwo51

Full Access Member
Double charge with sympathetic discharge to boot.It occurred a lot with old black powder guns.I think it would have hurt.

TScottW99

Full Access Member
Ouch! That is so dangerous and scary!! When I first saw it I assumed a double charge. Even worse that he bought the ammo!!!

Members online

No members online now.