Getting a .22 hand gun next month... Suggestions

Arckadian

I am looking at getting a good target practice .22. I have seen many kinds but I would like to hear from other people that have.22s. I am curious what you use for plinking and what would make a good target practice pistol. I just wish to improve my aim but not break the bank doing it hehe. I am just looking for suggestions. I am going to the gun show next month and I will select one that feels good in my hand but I don't want to go and just purchase the first one I see either.

cce1302

Full Access Member
practice with a .22 is a great idea. my .22 handguns are all rugers- an LCR, a single six, and a 22/45.
Here's the LCR:
DSCN4222.jpg

It's got rosewood on it now, but I haven't gotten a pic of that yet.

Here's the single six:

DSCN1461.jpg

I don't have any pics of the 22/45. It's the mkii, not the mkiii. Doesn't look special. Blue steel, plastic frame. Shoots well though. I filled it with volquartsen insides.

Rusty Shackleford

Full Access Member
Ruger MK series or a Browning buckmark if you want something target styled.

Ruger SR22 or a S&W M&P22 if you would prefer something a little more tactical.

Arckadian

Right now it seems that ruger's and the m&p's are the head of the pack. But mostly seen revolvers for pics. What would be a good semi-auto? Btw... I reallllllly want a revolver too so I do appreciate the suggestions :D

cce1302

Full Access Member
ok, just for you.

DSCN4300.jpg

22/45 Target, 5" bull barrel, adj sights, volqartsen bolt upgrade kit, volq target trigger, volq safety

Stephen.

I have a stainless Ruger mk II Target w/10" barrel and I absolutely love shooting that little pistol. I have also heard good things about Browning Buckmarks.

Rusty Shackleford

Full Access Member
Some pics to help you with this crucial decision.

Ruger SR22 with crimson trace laser.

54ec1ed0.jpg

A couple MKII Rugers.

5911567bdcb6980fe7770c6cdc238993.jpg

And my beloved S&W 617 10 shot 4".

e668c5a1.jpg

priell3

Full Access Member
You can't go wrong with the suggested Rugers, but then again, I am biased.

fdrp7p.jpg

I added the new grips several months ago.

oppo

Full Access Member
I would love to have a 6" 617. If they were less expensive, I would already have one.

One I haven't noticed mentioned is the M&P 22. I really like that one and it shoots very well for me. It will definitely be my next 22.

Arckadian

If I can find a used .22 that is still in good shape I am not above getting another used hand gun. Remember my 1911 has had a few owners before I got it.

Members online

No members online now.