Glock Grip Reduction

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Im going to be without my G23 for a month or so. I am sending it out to get the finger grooves removed, A notch cut for Glock knuckle, and carry texture new stippling.....Heres what it s gonna look like when I get it back...Concealed 27

Attachments

• G19-2-1.jpg
    G19-2-1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 34
  • G19-3.jpg
    G19-3.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 29

otasan

Full Access Member
Im going to be without my G23 for a month or so. I am sending it out to get the finger grooves removed, A notch cut for Glock knuckle, and carry texture new stippling.....Heres what it s gonna look like when I get it back...Concealed 27

I wonder if Gen 5 Glocks won't have the finger groves?

They should do away with the finger grooves, I get alot of people asking me about getting them removed, they dont realize this is an easy fix, and the added texture makes a huge difference, especally when preforming a defencive draw. your going to be happy with your purchase, good choice

Hooah

KKing

Full Access Member
You know you could easily stipple that grip at home with a soldering iron right? Some people don't have the tools or don't feel like their skills may be up to the task but I assure you it's pretty simple. I've done 3 or 4 of my pistols before. I know the other mods aren't as simple and may not could be done at home, I just hope they don't charge a lot for that portion of the mod because I assure you that's what they did to the one in your pictures.

Last edited:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
You know you could easily stipple that grip at home with a soldering iron right? Some people don't have the tools or don't feel like their skills may be up to the task but I assure you it's pretty simple. I've done 3 or 4 of my pistols before. I know the other mods aren't as simple and may not could be done at home, I just hope they don't charge a lot for that portion of the mod because I assure you that's what they did to the one in your pictures.

I know how to do it I dont have the tools, Total cost not that much...Worth it to me.... I miss my 1st gen 17, had so many rounds thru it so I traded it along time ago...

otasan

Full Access Member
If the finger grooves are so unpopular, I wonder if Glock will delete them in the 5th Gen models?

kwo51

Full Access Member
Two schools of thought on the grooves. Slow down grip acquisition in a panic or give you better hold. Personal shooting habits will determine use. I don't like them because I shoot from all grips and angles ,for training.

otasan

Full Access Member
Two schools of thought on the grooves. Slow down grip acquisition in a panic or give you better hold. Personal shooting habits will determine use. I don't like them because I shoot from all grips and angles ,for training.

What kind of training is that? Or is it classified?

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Have not got my frame back yet with altercations done to it.... I spoke to the Leo who is doing the work on it and he had to have surgury that's why he's backed up... usual turn around is 30-45days but I'm going on 2 1-2 months.. hopefully I will get in a week from what he told me. As soon as I get it pics will follow, I miss having my g23, can't wait to get it back in action... just a little frustrated. Concealed 27

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
My G23 frame will be at my house on Tuesday via ups... I'm so happy I will be getting it back, will post pics when i get receiver back together. Not sure if I'm gonna be able to do it with with my wrist broken and in a hard cast. I'm damn sure gonna try my best but if its to hard for me I have a gunsmith that will do it for me, he owes me a favor.......

Concealed 27
:favorites13:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I just can't handle the small pieces I think. Well see what happens, may take me some time but will :grd:

Concealed 27

Members online

No members online now.