Glocks Protecting My Home

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Got my 3 Glocks Protecting my home ......G19-G23-G27 all loaded with Federal HST rounds and two 33 rd mags with American Eagle 147 Grain FMJ. I keep two in my bed and one in my living room and my AR15 in the Closet. Gonna be a bad day for someone if they wanna come for my Guns and I will give them my bullets.

Attachments

• 0110150215.jpg
    0110150215.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 8

oppo

Full Access Member
My first line of home defense is numbered 3, 5, and 7.:) Being a Ruger GP100.

I LOVE mine. It is always loaded and easy to get to. The only reason it is no longer the first line is because my carry gun is conveniently located on my hip or beside me at night. It is a full size M&P in 357 Sig. Everything else stays locked in the safe which has an electronic lock that can be opened very quickly. If I have a few extra seconds, I am grabbing the AR. Loaded 30 round mag, bolt locked open, and safety off. Just hit the bolt release and she is ready to rock. There is also a 12 guage full of buckshot sitting beside it.

Arckadian

I have 2 Springfields, two Rugers, a Remington that protect my house. . . I have been having a lot of fun with my new Ruger though. I have always wanted a revolver.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Home protection in proper order .Bulldog ,Jack Russell then 1911 for me and wife + 12 gauge, with #4 buck and if all that does not work AK or Ar. I think the Jack Russell will stop about anything, he thinks he is a doberman.

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Got my 3 Glocks Protecting my home ......G19-G23-G27 all loaded with Federal HST rounds and two 33 rd mags with American Eagle 147 Grain FMJ. I keep two in my bed and one in my living room and my AR15 in the Closet. Gonna be a bad day for someone if they wanna come for my Guns and I will give them my bullets.

Hey Concealed, how do you like you 23?

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Hey Concealed, how do you like you 23?

I love my G23, its my main carry gun. It has Meprolight Night Sights, extended slide lock and release, Stainless steel guide rod and custom grip job (see Pics Below) removed finger grips and grip texture changed around. It is easy to conceal inside and outside waistband via a button up shirt. Whats real nice is all holsters fit my G19 also. Oh BTW I have an AR15 to to protect the house which I would use handguns to get to......LMAO

Attachments

• 1A.jpg
    1A.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 3

oppo

Full Access Member
Here is my "bump in the night" gun.

20141223_152546.jpg

The light setup was pretty cheap but works great. That little Streamlight is plenty bright. From my back door to the fence is probably 200' or so and it lights that up well. It is also very easy to use. Indoors, it doesn't cause any issues for the shooter but if you are on the wrong end, it is pretty blinding.

Also, that Busnell 1-4 is first focal plane and, imo, makes a very good red dot. For $200, it was a heck of a deal. Here is a crappy pic that doesn't do it justice.

20141223_153055.jpg

Even when turned all the way up, there is no flaring. The reticle is still very clear.

Last edited:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Yeah bad day for someone trying to get into my crib... I'm after a new gun but don't know what I want, any ideas. Been thinking bout a glock 29 for awhile but I have 3 and thinking bout moving to a 1911 beginners gun any suggestion I have a few in mind.thanks guys
Concealed 27

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Yeah bad day for someone trying to get into my crib... I'm after a new gun but don't know what I want, any ideas. Been thinking bout a glock 29 for awhile but I have 3 and thinking bout moving to a 1911 beginners gun any suggestion I have a few in mind.thanks guys
Concealed 27

I know you're the Glock guy. But don't you want to "Mix it up" a little? The 1911 is a very popular gun. The Ruger version is suppose to be very nice. The 1911 offerings run the gambit. Many, many makers of that style gun.

I'm holding out for a Para Ordnance 12-45 Limited. It's a compact double stack 1911 that holds.....you guessed it, 12 rounds of .45. Problem is they're not in production so I have to keep an eye on the used market.

That's the only other pistol that's currently on my wish list at the moment. Who knows, I may walk into a gun shop and absolutely fall in love with something. But I'm not actively looking for anything right now. It's a bunch of fun trying them on for size though.

oppo

Full Access Member
Given the pistols that you already have, I would either look at a G20 or a 1911. Here is my thinking.

You already have your carry needs well covered. For that reason, the 20 makes more than the 29 to me. More capacity, more control, great woods gun.

I would take a Glock over a 1911 for social work but 1911's are really nice shooting guns. This may well be sacrilege but, imho, a 1911 in 9mm would be a great range gun. A 92 would also be nice.

Another option would be a good revolver. Everybody should have a 357 magnum. I absolutely love my GP100.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Thanks for your thoughts guys, I will let u know in the future what I'm gonna do. I get Glocks for $425 �� so I may get another but I don't have a full size one so a G20 or G21.
I really like the ten millimeter G20....
Concealed 27

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts