Guide rod

kwo51

Full Access Member
Ok all you gun people what kind of guide rod do you have on your 1911. My springfield came with a 2 piece one that is going away soon. Want to be able to field strip gun without tools.

kwo51

Full Access Member
My new Kimber one piece will be here soon , only requirement is you need to use something to push down on cap. Mag bas works well. The old one required a allen wrench so it has to go. Next replacement will be the spring housing that does not have the internal safety. Then it will be a field ready 1911.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I'm interested. I just don't have a 1911 (have to fix that someday) so I didn't have anything to add to the subject.

kwo51

Full Access Member
No problem . I shoot a lot of plastic guns also. I carry Glock most of the time CCW and can replace it for about $600. not he 1911's.

Arckadian

I am curious to see if they make a replacement rod for the Springfield full size, but I have not looked it up yet.

kwo51

Full Access Member
They do and it works fine in mine. Kimber full size guide rod . Springfield did not have one they said. Mine springfield will get a main spring housing rom Kimber soon.

Last edited:

Arckadian

I replaced my recoil spring, but left the guide rod in there. . . its a little less field ready, but I like the solid rod.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Main spring has an ILS system safety that I don't like so it is gone. The guide I replaced was a 2 piece and replaced with a full length Kimber rod and cap. Getting closer to what I want, I may have some internals to replace. Will not know until I polish all parts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts