Gun firing drone draws attention

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Local police, the FAA and even the FBI are investigating this 18 year old kid and his use of a drone as a firing platform. It was on his private property and no animals were hurt in his demo. But I am sure he is already listed in homeland security files as a possible threat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI--wFfipvA

The War Wagon

Full Access Member
He'll either be offered a position with an alphabet agency, or disappear into a FEMA camp in short order... :eek:

Last edited:

Max

Full Access Member
How come nobody thought about some bad guy strapping a box/can with ANFO or similar to a camera-drone?
As much fun as it is to use drones for fun and filming/photography, how come nobody yet thought about the risk they pose?

Max

kwo51

Full Access Member
Sure they have that is why we have no fly zones. Drones and gyros copters are slow and low flying under radar, they are a very real threat.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
No fly zones will/are as effective as no gun zones. Someone with bad intentions will ignore them. So if you see a drone coming in for a landing carrying a pressure cooker, run.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I saw that article. If I step out into my back yard and see a drone flying overhead. If it's still there when I get back from the safe, it's target practice time. Don't come in my airspace. And it's legal for me to shoot in my backyard too.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
I wonder instead of using a shotgun or say a .22 rifle that you could use a high powered pellet rifle with a scope instead to bring one down???..quiet but effective. The owner of that drone went over the line in my opinion and should be the one charged instead...like I said I would of shot it down too and after he came over to encounter about it, I would of stuffed it up his ass.

Members online

No members online now.