Gun range poisons dozens from lead exposure

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Wow that's super scary, I guess that's why so many company's are going green. I agree with that but how much lead is out there???? I pick up all my spent casings am I at risk for this due to handling the brass?
Concealed 27

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Are you shooting indoors or out? If indoors the range should have a ventilation system carrying the air away from you. If outdoors it really shouldn't be a problem. And just wash your hands really well after handling the spent brass. Don't touch your face, eye's etc or eat anything until you've washed the powder/lead from your hands.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Indoors most of the time and I hit the bathroom as soon as done shooting and use hand sanitizer I carry with me. I know better to rub my face or eyes. But thanks srt ,
Concealed 27

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Not everyone realizes that. So just thought I'd throw that out there.

As a matter of fact, keeping your hands clean/washed is just good common sense. You can avoid a lot of illness just by washing your hands periodically throughout the day.

Specially if you've been in any public areas where you're touching something the general public also touches. That door handle going into that restaurant, the shopping cart and anything else you can think of other people have been touching. They're all great ways to transfer germs and viruses.

No, I'm not a germaphobe but my wife is and I guess some of her habits have rubbed off on me. But because of those habits I haven't been sick with the flue in 5 or 6 years. So I must be doing something right.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Some of my shooting is indoors and its a tight range.
But I try to be careful and usually wash not just my hands but my face , hair and arms and then change at least the t shirt before I go to bed.

A couple times I forgot to do all those things in the last year though..

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I can't think of the last time I went to bed without a shower first. It's just habit with me. I don't sleep well without a relaxing shower first. But then, with the work I do I get all hot a sweaty during the day so it's only natural that I clean up before bed. Can't stand that clammy feeling and the sheets sticking to me. Yuck!

ViperJeff

Administrator
Do you realize just how many people eat off plates bought at Walmart, made in China that contain lead???????

Lets talk scary!!!!

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
There are those that would want to make this a "gun" issue. But this is clearly a "work-place safety" failure.
The owner had these guys working in conditions without the proper equipment. Everyone should have known better.

kwo51

Full Access Member
There are many abandoned old WW2 firing ranges around the US. Yes they should have
had proper gear.

Members online

No members online now.