Guns in Schools

godawgs82

Full Access Member
Michigan state legislature passes bill to allow guns in school, day care centers, churches, sports gatherings. Bill awaiting signature by Governor.

ninja man

Full Access Member
what are the odds that it will appen in ca....... absolutely none...... hopefully they will set an example and other states follow

Trixxterr

Michigan state legislature passes bill to allow guns in school, day care centers, churches, sports gatherings. Bill awaiting signature by Governor.

For who?? Anyone? Or just the teachers, staff, etc..
The teacher and staff in Dallas have tried for this many,many times. Maybe, just maybe if one state will allow it others will follow suit and all this BS, of these shootings, will come to an end, or atleast be less common.

ViperJeff

Administrator
What, there is 100,000+ public schools in the US. Hire a Vet and put an armed Resource Officer in every school funded by Homeland Security

Trixxterr

What, there is 100,000+ public schools in the US. Hire a Vet and put an armed Resource Officer in every school funded by Homeland Security

I LOVE this idea!! Sounds good to me, I'd send my kids to that school. Knowing if some dumbass tried anything, they would get what was coming be harming an innocent person.

HELL YEAH!!

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator

My only concern on this idea is PTSD. The vet would need to be thoroughly screened before sending him armed into a school. And they would need continued monitoring.

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
Ptsd or shell shock from WW2 is a catch all invented by the Government to disarm veterans.Any trama will result in some from of emotional stress.

ViperJeff

Administrator
My only concern on this idea is PTSD. The vet would need to be thoroughly screened before sending him armed into a school. And they would need continued monitoring.

Yea, but PTSD can be caused by just about anything for a car accident to being beat by a parent and to blindly say that every case is identical and promotes violent tendencies towards others may be a bit over the top...

Based on the possibilities, just about every person would need to be monitored and the monitors couldn't be trusted :perkinswhatever:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Yea, but PTSD can be caused by just about anything for a car accident to being beat by a parent and to blindly say that every case is identical and promotes violent tendencies towards others may be a bit over the top...

Based on the possibilities, just about every person would need to be monitored and the monitors couldn't be trusted :perkinswhatever:

That's not what I said. Basically, anyone sent into schools (vets, Homeland Security, TSA, police) would need to be properly vetted. But lets also be realistic, vets who have seen action and been under fire may be a little more likely to suffer from PTSD. That's not a condemnation. If I'd been subject to or seen some of the things they have, I would be too.

ViperJeff

Administrator
That's not what I said. Basically, anyone sent into schools (vets, Homeland Security, TSA, police) would need to be properly vetted. But lets also be realistic, vets who have seen action and been under fire may be a little more likely to suffer from PTSD. That's not a condemnation. If I'd been subject to or seen some of the things they have, I would be too.

huh... Don't we already properly vet Police, TSA, and Homeland Security.

and if a Vet works for Homeland security, wouldn't they be vetted during the employment process.

I know th "But what if" scenario is always on the table, but what if, people stopped commiting crime :favorites37:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
huh... Don't we already properly vet Police, TSA, and Homeland Security.

Yes you are correct. They would already be vetted. Police...yes, Homeland Security...yes, TSA...not so much.

I am apparently not conveying what I'm meaning so good tonight. I think I'll become a spectator for the rest of the evening.

SWSS

Full Access Member
In August 2008,Texas' Harrold Independent School District Superintendent David Thweatt made waves announcing an unprecedented move: Teachers and staff would be allowed to carry guns in schools.

:chewie:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts