How to transport multiple handguns.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I had a thought. In a SHTF situation and you have to throw as much stuff into your vehicle and get going. How do you transport your firearms? I know this is something that everyone has been thinking about and up till now nobody knew what to do.

I have a solution. Get some of these.
41kX4ADfa3L._SX300_.jpg
81Wg60RNafS._SX522_.jpg

You can stagger multiple handguns in one case and take them all with you. You won't have to juggle or keep up with a bunch of single cases. Takes up less room. You may even have room for extra magazines or ammo. You can find these on Amazon for $22 with free shipping.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Those look great,pelican makes something like them with 2 compartments. I'm just going to throw my safe in the truck. Or maybe just crawl into the safe.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Those look great,pelican makes something like them with 2 compartments. I'm just going to throw my safe in the truck. Or maybe just crawl into the safe.

Plano offers a side by side case as well for about $65. You could get three of the other cases cheaper than one of the side by sides. Pelican looks like a nice case but a little rich for me. I think they want in the neighborhood of $200 for their case. Here is the Plano side by side.
81gCEwN1qfS._SX522_.jpg

kwo51

Full Access Member
Pelican has some protection guarantee with them. Being a product of my belongings I will stay in place until the water gets to high, then I will put on my scuba stuff and swim away.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
That's not a bad idea. And I happen to have one of these cases and hate the damn thing. I bought only because my gf at the time was flying from LA visiting relatives back to OKC and my dad had my M1 Garande. To get it on the plane we had to buy a locking case and it go with checked baggage. The lock is hideous to say the least, about like a tin file cabinet lock, but it fit the bill to get on the plane so I had her buy it. I've never used it since but refused to throw it away. I might still have the keys to it even. I just prefer transporting my rifles in padded zippered cases instead of this big clunky case with 2 rifles. I wouldn't mind putting all my handguns and mags in this though. It would be a 1 case carry for all of them.. I think I can get them all in it.

ninja man

Full Access Member
i have a bunch of pelican cases. i have one i call my "plane case" because it holds the legal limit of firearms transport on an airplane. it holds my 12ga, .270, .40, and .45. i have a pelican case that holds 5 of my .22 rifles. and another case that can hold all my handguns. i dont think i can carry 20 different guns but i would take as much as i can.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Those Amazon cases are great for the price.....I can fit my 3 Glocks,my Ruger 10/22, and all my glock mags, I have a duffle bag for my ammo th a t fits most of it it's just heavy but it's like a carry on luggage bag with rolling wheels and handle. So 3 cases and bags total for guns,mags,and ammo. I already have a bag packed with clothes and sundries. All fits in my trunk with room to spare in my little 4 door.........
Concealed 27

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
I only own 2 handguns.
If the fan is spraying manure, I won't worry about packing them in a case:jester:

KGBIGCOUNTRY

I bought this just after Christmas and its been great for me.

RedHead® Three Gun Competition Case | Bass Pro Shops

Its long enough to fit a full length shotgun or two, or in my case carry both my 5.56 Bushmaster on one side and my 9mm CCM on the other along with 3 pockets for handguns ect. The best part is it has backpack straps so when its fully loaded out and heavy its not bad to carry. It has light padding with a divider in the middle and padded sleeve for the handguns. For the price its not half bad.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I bought this just after Christmas and its been great for me.

RedHead® Three Gun Competition Case | Bass Pro Shops

Its long enough to fit a full length shotgun or two, or in my case carry both my 5.56 Bushmaster on one side and my 9mm CCM on the other along with 3 pockets for handguns ect. The best part is it has backpack straps so when its fully loaded out and heavy its not bad to carry. It has light padding with a divider in the middle and padded sleeve for the handguns. For the price its not half bad.
That does look interesting.

Members online

No members online now.