Huh?

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
So I was listening to NPR's "On the Media" today. And I don't want to get off into a whole "NPR sucks debate" but I did find one interview...in fact one senence...to be completely moronic.

The guest said something then completely contradicted herself in the same breath.

Take a listen, specifically at around the 3:00 mark.

Sheryl Gay Stolberg said:
The guns that are being used in massacres.... are not being kept by people for their 2A right to defend themselves, or to (snicker) even rise up against the tyranny of government.
They are military style assault weapons....the only real purpose for these guns is killing people

Privacy and Gun Control - On The Media

Some folks will never understand.:facepalm:

Last edited:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
So I was listening to NPR's "On the Media" today. And I don't want to get off into a whole "NPR sucks debate" but I did find one interview...in fact one senence...to be completely moronic.

The guest said something then completely contradicted herself in the same breath.

Take a listen, specifically at around the 3:00 mark.

Privacy and Gun Control - On The Media

Some folks will never understand.:facepalm:

I beleive she is referring to a machine gun, not AR-15s. The word "ASSAULT RIFLE" was made up by the media anyway.When in reality its a machine gun Invented by Maxim way back in the day, used to mow down the troops and ending treach warfare.The Maxim Model 1910 heavy machine guns were WW1-vintage machine guns that remained in production and in service through WW2. They were heavy and unwieldy, but given the need for machine guns, these reliable weapons continued to serve in the Russian and other Soviet forces until replaced by the SG-43 Gorunov machine guns beginning in 1943. Many Maxim M1910 machine guns were captured by the Germans particular in 1940, but German forces generally did not use them on the front lines due to these weapons' excessive weight.:biggun:

Members online

No members online now.