Let's see your .357s

cce1302

Full Access Member
Ruger KGP100 6" reduced power springs, polished insides, bead blast finish

DSCN3094.jpg

S&W Model 327PC; S&W round butt combat stocks

DSCN1605.jpg

Arckadian

For someone that does not own a .357 but wants to ... what would be a good one to get for starting out... hopefully not with a ton of recoil

Arckadian

Let me rephrase then.... I know that with my 1911 I have a lot less problems with recoil than on my XDS.... 5 in barrel vs 3.3 inch barrel.. More or less just less movement of the weapon with the longer pipe on it. Under that premise what would be a nice hand gun to get? :D

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Stock Photo. I've added Hogue Grips. So much better to handle and shoot than with the old sytle OE grips.

Ruger GP141 Heavy Barrel 4inch. I bought it brand new 23 years ago and it's been flawless. OE adjustable sites are nice. I even dropped it once and broke the rear site. Called Ruger, they sent me the rear site for FREE, didn't even ask for shipping. That's probably been 15 years ago though.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GP141.jpg
    GP141.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 118

ninja man

Full Access Member
my friend and i went up to truckee area a few weeks ago. he has a colt python .357. we shot .38's and .357magnum rounds. the .38definitely had less recoil but neither were severe in the recoil dept. sure it took a second to realign our target, but after 100 rounds apiece we only stopped because we ran out of ammo, not because of anything else. he is 6ft and about 170lbs (and a weakling) but its a gun you can shoot for hours

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I love love 357's. Lots of power, only a mild controllable kick, and leave no shell cases at the scene. :rofl:

I also love loading it up with 5 .38's and the last one being a .357 when my buds want to shoot it. There is a definite difference. You get that look after the last shot.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I got it out and got one you Bonz. The gun looks like hell, but the Grip is badass. I need to work on this one. There's a bad story of neglect behind this gun that I don't like to tell.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GP141wHogue 002a.jpg
    GP141wHogue 002a.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 98

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I really like it as it is. Great shooter and accurate - plus I like that classic look.

Ahhh I get it. I posted that up before I seen your post. I don't mind the look at all, it's the difference in the feel. It's night and day, and I'm even more accurate and consistent with the grip change. I have big ass hands though and could be part of it.

dkyacht

I bought this years ago from the original owner. He had fired it 2 times and it sat in a closet for years. I put a new grip in it and spent a few hours with flitz metal cleaner and some rags bringing it back to its original shine. It's now my favorite hog gun.

Dave

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350354496839.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350354496839.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 21

cce1302

Full Access Member
NICE Bonz, A KGP161 !!! Need some Hogue Grips on that dude. You'll love it. It's a totally different gun with the Hogues.

It's a matter of personal preference.

There are hogues on mine in the pic, but I put my factory wood insert grips back on because I don't like the hogue grip as much.

I'm looking to find some like the S&W Combat grips I have on the 327, but nobody makes them quite like that for the ruger. It'll likely need to be a custom job, and I don't have a couple hundred dollars to put into it any time soon.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
It's a matter of personal preference.

There are hogues on mine in the pic, but I put my factory wood insert grips back on because I don't like the hogue grip as much.

I'm looking to find some like the S&W Combat grips I have on the 327, but nobody makes them quite like that for the ruger. It'll likely need to be a custom job, and I don't have a couple hundred dollars to put into it any time soon.

Yeah, I can see that. My daughter doesn't care for the Hogue grip either. Very well could be my hand size. It's obvious the OE grip is smaller.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts