Magpul Leaving CO,?!?!?! Surprised? NOT !!!

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I knew it would happen or at least be talked about. I think I posted that in the the CO thread where 4 House Bills had been passed.

Magpul preparing to leave Colorado - Denver Business Journal

Way to Go Magpul. OK or TX will be happy to have these 700 or so jobs !!!

Someone let me know if there is a thread started about this already. I skimmed and didn't see one. But figured it's worth mentioning.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Don't know that it's official yet, but it sounds as if as soon as the Governor signs the bill they'll make the announcement. I'd imagine this has been in the works with them seeing it coming. And to further make their point, I'm sure they'll save it for the day the Governor signs it. The Gov already said he'd sign it.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I hope to sell so. Where they'll expect a drop in crime, they'll get nothing more than a hike in unemployment and less tax revenue. Do these dumbasses not realize how much money the Firearm bidness pumps into an economy. It's not just the firearms you idiots. It's the magazines, the targets, the ammunitions, and other accessories for the weapons. Bigtime idiots and they'll deserve every bit of the loss that comes their way.

tacticold

Full Access Member
From what I hear, they've already begun transitioning, although no official word yet. Basically location scouting, I think.

They should come up here. Hell, one of our senators just introduced a bill that would offer gun and gun accessory manufacturers incentives to move production here. If I had a whole bunch of capital, I'd start my own manufacturing company.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
From what I hear, they've already begun transitioning, although no official word yet. Basically location scouting, I think.

They should come up here. Hell, one of our senators just introduced a bill that would offer gun and gun accessory manufacturers incentives to move production here. If I had a whole bunch of capital, I'd start my own manufacturing company.

OK and TX have done the same already. In fact, IN OK, they've passed a bill that even IF, the Feds pass a 10round limit bill, that any magazine made inside the state of OK will be exempt from the Fed bill. So if MagPul makes a 40rd AK-47 mag, it'll be legal for use INSIDE OUR BORDER. This also goes for guns too. So if their is an AWB, then as long as the AR-15 is manufactured in our state, it can be bought, posessed and used INSIDE OUR BORDER.

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
MP announced on Facebook that they will leave CO. They have not announced where they are relocating to at this point. Speculation is Wyoming. Magazine production will move first followed later by the other products. They have until 7/1/13 before the new CO law takes affect.

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
OK and TX have done the same already. In fact, IN OK, they've passed a bill that even IF, the Feds pass a 10round limit bill, that any magazine made inside the state of OK will be exempt from the Fed bill. So if MagPul makes a 40rd AK-47 mag, it'll be legal for use INSIDE OUR BORDER. This also goes for guns too. So if their is an AWB, then as long as the AR-15 is manufactured in our state, it can be bought, posessed and used INSIDE OUR BORDER.

Hope TX does the same. I might just have to get a LaRue or 2 if it does.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Don't you just love these knee-jerk reactions from politicians..I'm sure there are still many states that would welcome this new business..boneheads.

tacticold

Full Access Member

Quote a few states have similar laws in place. Pretty sure Texas already does, too. They are broadly referred to as Firearm Freedom Act laws or something that that effect. Google it and you can find a list of states that have them. I'm on my phone or I'd link you.

Sent by my communicator

tacticold

Full Access Member
No problem. I'd check your state individually. All the information I could find is outdated now on which states do and don't have these laws in place.

Alaska has since 2010, but we have no local gun manufacturers, so it's kind of a moot law until someone steps up. They can't just be lowers shipped in and stamped, they have to actually be produced...made....within the state.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Yep...and these people get to make decisions for us and procreate. She was obviously working with information somebody told her instead of first hand working knowledge. Probably her regular MO.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
where is the rest of this video. Please tell me someone set her straight, or at least called her a libtard and told her to STFU.

Members online

No members online now.