Microtech Ultratech for EDC?

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
I'm looking at getting a new EDC and thinking of using something more high end this time around. I've watched several reviews and read quite a bit about the Microtech Ultratech. So my question to you all is, how reliable is it? I know Microtech is suppose to be a very reputable company. How will it work for an everyday carry? Will the action get worn out quickly or will it last a lifetime? How much wear-and-tear will it take (I say wear-and-tear because I generally don't abuse my knives)?

Thank you

Also here is what I'm looking at:

microtech-ultratech-bayonet-purple-black-serr-120-2pu.jpg

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
Being that is an out the front knife, two things come to mind. #1 is it legal to carry/own in your state? #2 the shape of the handle would become very slick if it was wet. Nothing really keeping your hand from slipping on to the blade. The Benchmade Infidel handle has some contour as well as texture.

BEH3300.jpg

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
I was looking at the too but from video reviews (specifically nutnfancy), the action of the Microtech has less play in it. Also from what I've looked at, the Benchmade is a little out of my price range at the moment. I'll definitely own one sometime, just not sure when.

Seriously thanks for the feedback though, I hope it didn't sound like I just shot down your suggestion. That's the kinda of discussion I'm looking for so seriously thank you for he help

oppo

Full Access Member
Yep, that knife is illegal to carry in Texas. Oddly enough though, according to how the law is written, it would not be illegal if you had a chl and were carrying a concealed firearm. I certainly wouldn't want to be the test case for that though.

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
Thanks for the feedback! I've been collecting knives for awhile, but I'm just starting to get in to higher end quality.

No worries. I have the Infidel and little Infidel. The action on both is very tight. Watch your local laws. An illegal knife can be as big or bigger problem as a firearm.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts