New guy from Tennessee!!!

RookieZ71

Hello!!! I am from originally from Tennessee. But I am currently stationed in Cali as of right now. I am United States Marine. I love America, my family, guns, cars and trucks!

I own a Remington 870 tactical 12 gauge shotgun with a 18.5 barrel in black synthetic stock with a factory extension tube. I bought it in N.C. when I was stationed there. I loving shooting this shotgun!!! I just need to put a 6 position stock on it for my wife to shoot it from the shoulder controllably. She can shoot it from the hips and shoulder ok.

I also have a Remigton 550-1A 22LR tubular magazine semi automatic rifle. It was made in April of 1957. It was my father's rifle he learned how to shoot that he got he from his father. I love this rifle!!! And it is my favorite firearm so far. I could shoot it all day if it was't for being a 22LR.

I have a Mosin Nagant 91/30 in a monte carlo black synthetic stock. I bought it with the original wooden stock for $200 from a friend. It also came with the orginal sling and ammo pouches. I already got a fresh spam can of 440 rounds at home for it :crazy:

The pistol I own is a Smith & Wesson M&P 9. I absolutely love this pistol!!! I will definitely be getting another pistol in 9mm,40,45 or 38. It is funny how I came about getting this pistol in Cali. One morning after waking up, my wife looked at me and said "let's get a pistol today." I looked at her as being crazy because of getting a pistol in Cali takes a scarfice and a blood of a virgin!!! Well we headed to a near by base and looked at what they had and this pistol was the cheapest, easiest to handle, and my wife wanted a 9mm over a 40. Also doing the paperwork for me being military made it easy doing it on bade instead out in town. I bought it that day and glad I did. Because when we came back to pick it up, all their inventory of pistols were gone!!! We went to a near by gun rang the next day and shot the pistol without any major defaults. I just had to work on my wife with we stance. She picked up the knowledge and skills to operate a pistol pretty quick. The pistol is pretty accurate. On the first shot I was just out of center bulleyes of the target by a 1 inch at 20 yards. After that I just had to adjust. My wife is pretty accurate also.

My wife's only problem is trying to load the magazine with rounds. Other than having a hand loader, what do recommend for her?

Also after getting my wife a pistol, she wants a 38 stub nose pistol revolver like the the Ruger LCR in 38 special. She hasn't shot a revolver in about 2.5 years. She is going to test out one at the local gun range sometime tho. Do y'all recommend that pistol or something like it? I will probably get it for her in a couple months tho.

oppo

Full Access Member
Welcome, we are glad to have you and congrats on the M&P. My ccw is an M&P in 357 Sig and I really like it. Eventually, I plan to add the 22 version as well. I can't reall help with the snubby but if it were me, I would also look at a J-frame if this is something she plans to carry and something larger if she isn't going to carry it.

Arckadian

I also have a Remington 870 Tactical, but mine is a new purchase so I have not fired t yet, mores the pity. I also served, US Army 98-01. Welcome to the Weapons Forum.

RookieZ71

Thank y'all for y'all's service also!!! Yea my wife plans to carry maybe when we are in Tn. She just wants a snub nose pistol that is a Ruger. She is dead set on it. Shooting the Remington 870 is a like a dream!

I have a question, I have been trying to look this up all night. But what is the shortest barrel I can have on a pistol in Califonria? I have googled it and can't find a positive answer. Because the LCR has a 1.88 barrel, the dealer said they couldn't ship it to Cali for me. Is it on a post ban list or too short of a barrel?

oppo

Full Access Member
If barrel length is an issue, Ruger also makes the SP101. It will handle 38's just fine and will also hold up to a heavy diet of 357 magnum. IIRC, you can get it with a 2.25", 3", or even 4" barrel.

RookieZ71

Thank y'all for the replies!!! I have been looking around the forum some. Pretty good material and info here. Yea, I looked at the SP101. I may have to get that for my wife. Also the extra weight may help with the recoil.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
How do you post pics on this forum?

Put the picture in a place like Photobucket or Picasa. Go there and copy the image URL. Come here and while editing your post, click on the thing at the top that looks like a picture of a mountain. It will pop up a place to paste your image URL. When you "submit reply", your image should be visible.

Members online

No members online now.