New Ruger Rifle SR762

cce1302

Full Access Member
Not mine...yet...

Perhaps you guys have not noticed as I don't post too often here, but I am a big fan of most of what Ruger has been doing in the last few decades.

From the name of their new rifle you can probably guess what the SR762 is: an AR-pattern rifle in 7.62 caliber, similar to their SR556.

Here's their page:
Ruger® SR-762™ Autoloading Rifle

Pic:

5601.jpg

Makes me :)

Bluez

Full Access Member
Wow!

The SR556 is fantastic rifle in itself and loaded with high end features and specs selling for less than it should.
I expect this 7.62 version rifle to be very good too.

I have owned 2 SR556s before. An " E " which I sold during the crisis at a reasonable profit and a "CLA" which I loved the CLA but the guy who sold it to me cheated me on the deal so I couldnt enjoy the rifle and hence also sold it (at a loss actually )

I'd love to hear a range report and see some "in the wild " pics of this rifle :)

Last edited:

TScottW99

Full Access Member
I'm happy to see that Ruger is going with the AR10 platform. I'm wanting a 6.5credmore AR, Ruger might make that possible ;-p

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Good looking rifle, do you know what the msrp is on it? My friend is looking for an ak47 and maybe I can steer them toward this rifle. I have been a ruger fan and owned a few, for the price you get alot of gun rifle or pistol.....looks great thanks for sharing.
Concealed 27

cce1302

Full Access Member
Sorry, no, I don't have any details on it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see something from Jeff Quinn about it soon (gunblast.com). He gets his hands on a lot of Rugers.

I don't think it's even in the same ballpark as an AK. Not even a competition: two rifles with very different capabilities, caliber, aesthetics, size, function. If your friend wants an AK, let him get one. :) then get the SR762 later.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Did they build it to compete in the new rifle for the US? Looks like the took the best features from both AR and AK. Camp Perry will be a good test for it.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Good looking rifle, do you know what the msrp is on it? My friend is looking for an ak47 and maybe I can steer them toward this rifle. I have been a ruger fan and owned a few, for the price you get alot of gun rifle or pistol.....looks great thanks for sharing.
Concealed 27

See below. Sig makes a rifle in x39

Did they build it to compete in the new rifle for the US? Looks like the took the best features from both AR and AK. Camp Perry will be a good test for it.

This is chambered in 7.62x51(308) and the AK is 7.62x39.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Nicer on the shoulder than 7.62 by 54. I don't have a Draganoff but have handled and shot one of the beasts. Like 308 a lot better, even the M14.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Sgammo.com has alot of bulk 308 at good prices IMHO if your in need of some...just thought I'd let you all know....

Bluez

Full Access Member
I do not yet own a 308/7.62x51 rifle. I been meaning to standardize on the 223/5.56 round.
Something I think I'll just designate one of my AR's as the DRM and buy 69 gr match ammo for it to approximate the performance of one of these rifles.

But seeing this SR762 is making me waver...

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
$1600 doesn't sound like a bad price. That's right around where a Sig 716 and M1A Socom II are at price wise and they are both proven performers. With Ruger's reputation I'm sure it'll do fine but I'd like to see some feed back on it once they start getting out there.

Rusty Shackleford

Full Access Member
I had a chance to check one of these out at a LGS, very nice rifle with excellent fit and finish....the stock is the only thing that felt out of place.

cce1302

Full Access Member
I've been settled on a 20" FNAR for when I get into a .308 rifle, but this one has me considering whether or not I'd be better off with a 16".

this Ruger is an AR pattern rifle, the magazines are cheaper, and optics would not be mandatory. That would put the initial investment about the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts