Prepping for new assault weapons ban.

infidel

Ok, now that the election is over I am firmly dedicated to the purchase of a new rifle.

Can I get some suggestions ?

Criteria:

.308 or 556
$2500.00 or preferably less.
Gas or piston driven. Intermediate barrel length. Accurate out to 500 yds or less with optics. I realize that's subjective.

Proven reliability.

sprsnk

I would worry more about the ammo than the gun atm. Over 3 million rounds have sold since midnight.

infidel

I can't throw the ammo at someone with bare hands.

I've got plenty ammo for my current weapons. 9,45,40, 22 and my nephew and son both have 308. 2500 + rounds per caliber. Except the 308.

So, back to rifle choices.

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
I picked up a SIG716 (7.62/.308). Build quality looks very good. First trip to the range this Saturday. FYI feeding a 7.62 these days is not cheap. Under $.70/ea is a decent price for brass cased ammo.

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
We have 2 rifle caliber Saigas converted and ready to rock. One in .308 and one in 223. I can post pics if you want to check them out. We also have a 7.62 on the way that we can do custom just for you.

Let me know.

Duncnstac

Your standard AR 15 is a great gun for 10 feet to 500 yards. 223 is cheeper & lighter then 308 but won't punch thru much. An Bushmaster ACR is also a great platform & if you want something trick check out FN S2000 bullpup.

TheOl55

Full Access Member
Call Me old school but, for me its the H&K 91....

Attachments

• hk91a2_3.jpg
    hk91a2_3.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 18

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Heard something on the radio today. Take it with a grain of salt since it was the Alex Jones show and he is a conspiracy theorist. But they said that it may not be just an assault weapon ban but a semi auto ban and it may be illegal to own one. Not just future sales but illegal to own one. This is going to get interesting.

oppo

Full Access Member
I can't see that passing but there are those who would certainly support it. Our traiter in chief being one of them.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I can't see that passing but there are those who would certainly support it. Our traiter in chief being one of them.

I know you saw the Dianne Frankenstein article. That is what she would like to see.

"It would essentially ban thousands of firearms and require gun owners to turn them over to the Federal government."

oppo

Full Access Member
I know you saw the Dianne Frankenstein article. That is what she would like to see.

"It would essentially ban thousands of firearms and require gun owners to turn them over to the Federal government."

That evil pitch would burn the second amendment and steal all of our firearms if she could but I don't see something like passing. They will first try to pass another stupid AWB and taxes on firearms. The more expensive and difficult they can make firearms ownership, the fewer of us there will be. Then, they keep passing more restrictive laws. By that time, they will have enough traitors in the SCOTUS for those laws to hold up. It won't happen all at once.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Hopefully since we still control the House it will never get passed them (if they're even involved). I don't know enough about Executive Orders to know if Ofker can get around congress with something like this. But I wouldn't put it past him to try.

oppo

Full Access Member
Hopefully since we still control the House it will never get passed them (if they're even involved). I don't know enough about Executive Orders to know if Ofker can get around congress with something like this. But I wouldn't put it past him to try.

That is my point. Anything to aggressive wouldn't make it through the house.

We already know, as he has openly stated, that he doesn't care what the constitution says. Now, without a reflection to worry about, I wouldn't put much of anything past him. Getting away with it is another matter.

oppo

Full Access Member
I guess it depends on what you have now. An AR15 is the obvious choice or an AR10 if you want 308. Also, my thinking is towards building a SPR if you have M4 style guns now or an M4 style if you have SPR type guns already.

TheOl55

Full Access Member
As always it falls to personal preference. Get with some friends who own different types or a range the rents them and put a couple of boxes through each to see how they feel to YOU.

That is the best way to find out what works right for you.

Txhillbilly

Full Access Member
Guy's,I think a lot of the Total weapons ban talk is B.S.,All of the idiots in D.C. know that if they ever tried to pull that,the citizens would go to war with them.

An Assult Weapons ban,is almost a given in light of all the shootings that have happened since the previous ban expired.
Personally,I load for every caliber I shoot,and if they put a tax on ammo,it wouldn't affect me for many,many years with the stockpile that I already have.

Be smart and think ahead,if you don't have a stockpile of supplies your waiting for trouble.
It's better to have it and not need it,than to need it and not have it!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts