Range pics from this weekend at Max Velocity tactical

Bluez

Full Access Member
Not the usual formal combat drills this was not an official training event.. Just putzing around with some updrills on the zero range.. in a rain so thick the pics dont do it justice.

I'm the guy in green pants/grey-green Tshirt and no hat.

Attachments

• photo (3) (2)mod2.jpg
    photo (3) (2)mod2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 18
  • photo (4) (1).jpg
    photo (4) (1).jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 17
  • photo (6) (1)mod.jpg
    photo (6) (1)mod.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 18
  • photo (5) (1).jpg
    photo (5) (1).jpg
    97 KB · Views: 17
  • photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 17

Bluez

Full Access Member
We were soaked to our underwear in minutes..
But this is a serious school so even if our "free time" we are hard core :D

ViperJeff

Administrator
Didn't even consider the weather, even though it looked wet. I'd love to attend a tactical training program

Bluez

Full Access Member
Which state do you live in?
There are a few good ones out there.

take care to avoid the circusses like the Magpul and a couple of the other big name ones whose training focusses on SWAT type tactics that are not all that useful to an armed civilian and often are expensive to boot.

Max Velocity tactical (my favorite place, IMO the closest thing to actual Infantry trianing available to the civilian, people have come as far as Texas and Montana)
Mosby (he travels is well known.)
Mason Dixon Tactical (Know primary instructor personally.. real good "basic to basics" Infantry kind of guy)

And there are a couple out West whose names escape me at the moment.

ninja man

Full Access Member
i would love to do that. the only issue is the rain. i dont care about getting wet, but blued barrels and water dont mix well.

Bluez

Full Access Member
You should see the abuse our ARs get during a full up weekend!

Just keep 'em lubed up well and you can do this all weekend w/ no ill effects.

Once i had so much mud on my rifle I pre-cleaned it in the shower, the next day.

Last edited:

ninja man

Full Access Member
there are so many things wrong with that comment......... but you need a dirty mind like mine.

what does one of these outings cost?

Bluez

Full Access Member
This weekend was students volunteering to help build the place up.

The standard Class is Combat Rifle Contact Drills Class ( aka CRCD) .
it focuses on movement with firing and Contact Drills on the buddy and fire team level.

it is is recommened only for those already competent with their AR and is 400 USD.
Much less than the big name Tacticool classes which IMO teach a lot less as with those you mostly just blast away against a berm on a square range for a weekend which results in lots of noise but limited learning.

The pics shown in this thread are not typical usually it's all about small unit tactics in terrain..
Like for example advancing on popup targets and when they come up you either react by a retreat where you execute alternating cover fire or an attack where you advance under alternating cover fire.

kwo51

Full Access Member
M14's showered with us regularly, 16's saw lots of wet work in Asia. If they don't run in the wet forget them.Sand and silky dust require a different type of dry lube and all have gotten better over the years. CLP.

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Eww....yucky weather. Next thing you'll be telling us is there were bugs too.

You guys are hard core. Glad you are having a good time doing it though.

Members online

No members online now.