Ranges ...

mgentry

Full Access Member
How far do you have to travel to go to the range you shoot at the most? How often do you visit the range you shoot at? How much does it cost? I'm lucky, about eight miles from my house is the Turcotte facility. It has pistol, rifle, shotgun and skeet ranges. It It is state managed and cost $16 a year.

oppo

Full Access Member
$16 a year?! :Whoa: :eek:

The outdoor range is $12 and is a "target range" like most, 2 seconds between shots and safety nazis for rso's. It works well for sighting rifles in.

The indoor range, which I go to more often, is $18, for the regular range where normal rules apply or $25 for a private lane that allows drawing from a holster and rapid fire. Additional shooters are half price and a regular lane is $5 during happy hour. This is the farther of the 2 at about 30 minutes. The rso's are friendly and helpful as long as you are being safe.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
A friend of mine has a hunting lease that's be pays $30 a year to use their range. It's not the greatest but fun as hell. Usually we're the only ones there so anything goes lol. So I guess it's free for me. Another range I go to cost $8 per gun all day. They make you buy their targets though so it can start to add up. It's not super strict but I prefer the other one simply because its not crowded

Fastfood

6 miles from my house, 15$ for the first 1/2 hr and indoor. $10 per gun rental
35 miles is 18$ all day, $20 per caliber rental with nice selection indoor also

armoredman

Full Access Member
Hmm, I think it's about 10 or 15 miles away...every range covered, 4 with concrete pads and benches.

ElzyPearsonrangesatelliteview.jpg

25 yard pistol bays,

p07range7.jpg

300 yard line,

casagranderange1.jpg

80 yard bay,

switch.jpg

The 100 yard bay I don't use - that's the one without a pad or benches.

Cost? Oh, nothing. Free, gratis, nada, zippo. City maintains it and cleans it every morning.... :)

cce1302

Full Access Member
$4 per visit for a state-owned range.
pistol 10/15/25 yd
Rifle 50/100 yd

It's about 25 minutes away.

I also have a couple friends who have a little bit of space where we can shoot.

I go to a trap range that costs $4/ round also.

Old School

I travel about 18 miles to the range from my residence.

After first time fee it is $200 a year for single member and $300 for family.

It is one of the top rated NRA ranges in the country and worth every cent of the
initiation and yearly fee for me.

Take a look at the web page and see for yourself.

http://www.mcsa.cc

Regards,

Old School

Last edited:

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
I usually drive the 30 miles to the Rod n Gun Club in my hometown. $20/year

The range closest to me seems to always be closed for special events every weekend, is way too strict about everything and seem to be quite snobbish to casual shooters. They are also quite expensive

godawgs82

Full Access Member
Go to my friend's house with an outdoor range on his property. 12 foot berm behind shooting targets.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Going to be setting up a small range across the back of my property in a few weeks. This way I'll be able to walk out the back of my reloading room and test fire some rounds. It won't be as elaborate as the guy on Youtube but hope to have at least 3 gong targets at different distances to shoot at.

I really like this guys setup.
Range.png

Last edited:

DrkSide

Full Access Member
Currently I go to a indoor range about 20 minutes away that is $15 an hour for me and the wife. If we have time we can go 1hr to the outdoor state range but it is sometimes full of people that I don't trust to shoot around.

We are looking at buying some land to get a small cabin and shooting range setup less than 1-2 hrs from our current house. Anybody have any recommendations on how much land I should be looking at. Currently most of what I am looking at is around 5 acres with 10 being the max.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Anybody have any recommendations on how much land I should be looking at. Currently most of what I am looking at is around 5 acres with 10 being the max.

IMO you can not have too much land. You can set up a range on pretty much any parcel of land as long as you have a good backstop and know for sure there aren't any homes beyond where you're aiming. That's another reason I'm choosing steel targets. The bullet will basically disintegrate on contact. But I will still have a solid backstop in the unlikely event that I miss my target. Psst, yeah, like that could happen.....:shooter:

DrkSide

Full Access Member
Yea, the more the better but when you are working with the amount of money that I have available it is hard to get much more than a residential lot. I have a friend that wants to go in with me so that will make it a little easier. Just found 140+ acres for $600 an acre. Now to just find out if they will split it up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts