Record guns seized at airport checks

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
A record number of guns were found in passengers' carry-on luggage at airport security checkpoints during one week in September, according to the Transportation Security Agency.

TSA agents discovered 67 guns in carry-on luggage in airports across the country during the week that ended Sept. 17, according to the agency, which said the tally for the week broke a previous record of 65 firearms found during one week in May 2013. Of those 67 guns, 56 were loaded and 26 had a round chambered, according to the TSA.

Most passengers claim they had simply forgotten the weapon in question was in their luggage...like how do you forget??..I can see forgetting your toothbrush, shampoo or the like but a loaded gun??..idiots in my opinion. Remember Barry Switzer getting caught 3-4 years ago at the airport...like dumb and dumber. But still TSA agents have failed terribly being tested in allowing stuff getting thru the scanners.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
What are people thinking trying to get a gun on an airliner? The excuse of "I forgot it was in there" is pretty lame. That's not something you just forget about.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Agreed You forget your toothbrush you don't forget something that would kill someone . I'm believable what people try to get away with all you have to do is check it in at the counter and having a locked case and luggage bag and you're good to go. What else got through I wonder on believable but people are idiots .
Concealed 27

Members online

No members online now.