I decided against the 7 round side saddle thing... Just too bulky.
Not anything special this weekend. I finally got the wood dowel done at work on Friday and epoxied it in on Saturday night.
On Sunday I went to the hardware store to get a shorter bolt/screw to hold the birdshead grip but they didn't have anything the length I needed. It was a 1/4-28 screw and I had a die at home so I just cut the original stock screw down and re threaded it.
Probably threaded longer than it needed to be but it won't hurt anything
The install wasn't as straight forward as I had expected but I figured it out. I had read a while back that the tabs that hold the cap at the end of the magazine tube had to be drilled out so I did that and then cleaned up the inside with my dremel tool. The spring had gotten bent up a little before I went to install it but I don't know if I did it or it came in the package that way.