Ruger SR-30 Anybody have any info?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
There are rumors that Ruger is working on a SR-30. Now their SR line of weapons are semi auto pistols so logic would dictate that it will be that. Some speculate it will be a copy of the Kel Tec PMR-30 which is a .22WMR semi auto pistol as well. The cool thing about the Kel Tec is it hold 30 rounds in the magazine. Has anyone seen or read any info to confirm or deny these speculations?:confused:

Rusty Shackleford

Full Access Member
Ruger naming convention means that a name with a hyphen in it means that it is a rifle, examples being the SR-556 and SR-22. So that would mean the SR-30 would be a rifle.

Now the rumor comes from a segment that gunblast.com did at last years Shot Show.

bb05deb1.jpg

Unfortunately it turns out that he was just teasing, SR-30 was the range number of the demo range that Ruger was assigned.....there is no "SR-30" in development.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Shoot! I don't want it to be a rifle. I want them to copy the PMR-30. Ruger's fit and finish is better than Kel Tec's. But if Kel Tec has a "one of a kind" pistol, that's what I'll go with.

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
Shoot! I don't want it to be a rifle. I want them to copy the PMR-30. Ruger's fit and finish is better than Kel Tec's. But if Kel Tec has a "one of a kind" pistol, that's what I'll go with.

Just remember that the GSG can almost be a pistol too.

WWM

Someone to fill the gap in production that Keltec is leaving would be nice. New production guns selling for 2-3 times MSRP is ridiculous. Sadly though, no news on our end for a Ruger pistol in 22WMR.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I may be leaning away from the Kel Tec anyhow. The've given me too much time to think about it. I may be in the market for a compact single stack .45. Something with more punch than a .32 or .380 but easy to carry. The PMR-30 is a full sized gun and not easily concealable.

Arckadian

I may be leaning away from the Kel Tec anyhow. The've given me too much time to think about it. I may be in the market for a compact single stack .45. Something with more punch than a .32 or .380 but easy to carry. The PMR-30 is a full sized gun and not easily concealable.

PSSSSSSSSSTTT........ PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST........

*whispers* Springfield XDS .45 :D I like mine :D

WWM

My vote would be either the XDS, M&P shield, or Sig 938. Great ergonomics on all three and unbeatable reliability. 9 or 40 are more than effective with the right choice of ammo such as Corbon or Hydrashok. XDS's seam to be one of the easiest for us to get right now though.

Arckadian

Actually I dont know about you guys but I got one of the last XDS' availible in Utah at this time... the rest of the places I have looked, the XDS is on massive back order.

WWM

We actually have 2 in stock as of today. I actually turned a black one down the other day. I would like another bi-tone for stock though.

Arckadian

I was not fond of the bi-tone look.. I prefer the black on black personally. less..... flashy I suppose.

Members online

No members online now.