scope durability?

ninja man

Full Access Member
i just bought this scope for my remington model 700 .270. but since i am in the market for a 338 lapua, i am wondering if this scope would have any issues dealing with the recoil of the 338.

Bushnell - 4.5-30x 50mm - Mil Dot

if anyone has any experience with it please chime in. i might have to buy a second one, unless there is something better for around the same price.

ninja man

Full Access Member
ok. its time to bump this thread. so now i have a .338 lapua. what is a good durable scope to use for it? i know there are a bunch of them out that are twice the price of the gun, but without killing my gun budget, what are your recommendations?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Take a look at this one and read the reviews. I have it mounted on a FNAR .308. But I cannot give a review since I haven't shot it yet.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Millett-4-16x50-Illuminated-Tactical-Riflescope/dp/B003E8RXZA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390400338&sr=8-1&keywords=millet+scope]Amazon.com: Millett 4-16x50 Illuminated Tactical Riflescope (30mm Tube, .1 mil Click), Matte: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

ninja man

Full Access Member
i dont know if 16x is going to be enough. i have a 30x on my .270, however its hard to see at that power, i am thinking a little bit more on the magnification. i do like the 50mm bell though.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
i dont know if 16x is going to be enough. i have a 30x on my .270, however its hard to see at that power, i am thinking a little bit more on the magnification. i do like the 50mm bell though.

A little more money but more magnification too. In the reviews one guy says he has it mounted to a .50 BMG.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Millett-LRS-1-Illuminated-Tactical-Riflescope/dp/B002R1JGWS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1390407132&sr=8-2&keywords=millet+scope]Amazon.com: Millett 6-25 X 56 LRS-1 Illuminated Side Focus Tactical Riflescope (35mm Tube .25 MOA with Rings), Matte: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

kwo51

Full Access Member
Most high end scopes should do well. SWAROVSKI OPTIK .Setting up the scope (lapping and shimming the mounts are critical). 1000' yard gun would need lots of dope. Would like range report. A friend with a space gun has one of the swarovski optik mounted on it.

Members online

No members online now.